6 months ago
Job Title: - Legal Advisor
Department: - Mainstream
Reporting to: - Mainstream Team Lead
Overall Job Purpose
The purpose of the Legal Advisor is to provide and deliver a quality service to all internal and external customers and clients, through the execution of tasks from file allocation to closure in an accurate, proactive and efficient manner. The Legal Advisor is responsible for achieving daily and monthly targets and contributing to the productivity of the team.
The Legal Advisor will be responsible to a designated Mainstream team, and report to the Mainstream Team Lead.
· Manage own case load and assist with other team members caseloads where required
· Perform to the required KPI’s of the role including billing, litigation targets, pre and post litigation settlement split and cost bearing to non-cost bearing settlement split.
· Progress all files proactively towards settlement in an efficient manner, including management of inactivity,complaints etc.
· Assess and secure the correct funding for the client
· Secure relevant medical reports and review and value appropriately in accordance with company guidelines, Judicial College Guidelines, Case law etc. as relevant
· Obtain the clients Schedule of Loss and any evidence required to support a claim
· Secure interim payments and client agreements
· Chase clients, insurers or suppliers when required
· Secure invoices from suppliers and ensure added to the ledger where appropriate
· Maintain ledger entries to ensure all costs and disbursements are claimed
· Prepare cases appropriately for litigation and any hearings, directions etc.
· Provide post settlement case steps including the release of files to the enforcement team
· Minimise write offs and case closures due to AWOL client’s
· Ad hoc duties required by the Team Lead
· Pro-active housekeeping including prompt closure of files, dealing with ledger enquires and processing write offs
· Adherence to the Company’s telephone policy
· Adherence to the Company’s Data Protection policy
· Provide a professional attitude to clients at all times
· Take responsibility for all inbound calls if a team member cannot answer, including the checking and action of
· In the event of being unable to help a client, escalate to the Team Lead
· Actively engage with internal departments and support functions in a positive way
· Actively engage with other Mainstream teams in a positive way
· Attend monthly team meetings and contribute with feedback as relevant
· Attend monthly one to one reviews
·Adopt a flexible approach to assist with any other team needs
·Cover a variety of duties during fellow team member absences
·Assist in any other ad hoc duties as reasonably required