16 days ago
Learning & Development Manager
Dependent on experience
About the Role
RWK Support Teams
Developing our people is fundamental to our firm-wide strategy. We are looking for an experienced Learning & Development professional to bring innovation and best practice to our learning solutions. We take learning seriously and are seeking to embed a learning culture which will enable our people to fulfil their potential.
This is a newly created role within our highly regarded HR team. You will pull together the many streams of our training activities and tools into a comprehensive suite of solutions which will meet business needs. Key duties will include;
* Working with senior managers across the business to identify training and development needs and trends;
* Designing and delivering blended training solutions to meet learning needs, aligned to the needs of the firm, engaging with third parties where necessary
* Designing, implementing and managing a junior management development programme
* Supporting the Director of HR in the ongoing development of L&D and Talent activities to enhance Partner and Senior Management capabilities
Investigating and implementing new learning solutions, bringing best practice and innovation to the firm
Managing the firm’s apprenticeship levy and ensure it is being utilised effectively within the firm, developing a strategy for maximising the use of apprenticeships in the business
Managing spend within the training budget
Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and ensure relevant standards are maintained at all times
* Coaching, mentoring and developing the L&D Co-ordinator encouraging their ongoing professional development
Skills & Knowledge:
You will be an experienced L&D Professional who ideally has experience of working within professional or legal services and therefore understands working in a highly regulated environment
* Exceptional training deliver skills are required as well as the ability to design learning programmes for all levels
* Educated to degree level or equivalent, holding a relevant training qualification
* You will be an innovator and will be driven to deploy best practice and forward thinking learning solutions
* Relationship building will come naturally to you whether that is with senior managers, third parties or staff across the firm.
* Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
* Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
* Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
* Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
* Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
* Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of 470 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it’s the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business. We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last three years.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 26.5 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
14 days ago
only 14 days until close