about 1 month ago
We are currently recruiting for a IT Service Desk Analyst for a law firm in Manchester.
* Support Desk Administration (to include Procedure Development)
* IT Technical Support
* Server, PC & Network
* User Applications
* Routine Computer Operations
* Backup & Recovery Routines
* Routine Software Installation
* End User Security Administration
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
* Following agreed procedures, receive and register requests for assistance from users in a pleasant and professional manner.
* Ensure that all new starters (or users) are given access to the appropriate specified resources and that all leavers accesses are promptly removed and Human Resources notified accordingly.
* Provides new users with demonstrations, routine advice and guidance on the features, operational requirements, integration and portability of systems, products and services supported.
* Maintains accurate log entries of contact with resolution details and follow-up information.
* By adherence to escalation procedures, promptly allocates unresolved issues as appropriate.
* Maintains the log and advises users of actions taken.
* Carries out routine monitoring, logging and reporting tasks, taking defined action on simple problems.
* Reports unforeseen or exceptional events to the IT Support Services Manager.
* Carries out and observes all associated administrative and clerical procedures.
* Conducts tests of the hardware and/or software affected using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools.
* Documents results in accordance with agreed procedures.
* Carries out routine operations, as agreed with IT Services manager, that control data processing, peripherals, and communications and networking equipment, including start-up, simple re-configuration, shutdown and normal re-start procedures.
* Using standard procedures and tools, carry out defined backup of data, together with any required restoring of such data.
* Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including documenting problems and progress checking.
* Following agreed procedures, responds to requests for assistance by providing information to enable callers to solve their problems.
* Contributes, as required, to investigations of problems and faults concerning the installation of hardware and/or software.
* Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software using supplied installation instructions and tools; follows agreed standards and all relevant instructions and procedures relating to malfunction, safety and security. To include routine upgrades as specified by IT Support Services Manager.
* Liase with other IT Team members to ensure that procedures are developed and utilised to control the provision of resources to users.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.