Our client, a leading FMCG company require an IP Counsel for their Africa market. This role will be offered on a 6 month fixed term contract basis initially with possibility of extension.
- Helping the Assistant General Counsel IP manage total budget as well as managing IP legal fee spend that sits outside core legal function budgets
- Covers the IP registration, management and protection for all client brands
- Supporting markets where client's presence is through complex JV and distribution arrangements, and providing IP support for the client + in-market owned local brands
- Help lead the IP Paralegal by role modelling Leadership Standard, help ensure that the structure and role of that Paralegal is appropriate.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Lawyer admitted to practice in England and Wales, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand with extensive IP experience (operating at a 5+ years PQE) and experience of leading legal aspects of transactions in multiple common law or civil law jurisdictions
- Previous in-house experience not essential but experience of effectively influencing clients and business stakeholders is required and of being able to work with limited supervision
- Proven capability of dealing with sophisticated IP issues, challenges, risk mitigation and litigation
- Excellence in provision of legal leadership and advice across multiple countries.
The role will be paying a FTC pro rata salary.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be suitable for this role please send your CV for consideration.
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.