about 1 month ago
Information is one of Linklaters’ key assets and, as such, needs to be developed and exploited in order to generate further value for the firm.
The Information & Research team are key to ensuring that this value is realised through the effective collection, collation and exploitation of both internal knowhow and external materials.
The role of the Information Assistant is to support the Information Advisor in the efficient and effective provision of information and research services to both the Practice and Business Teams, as part of Linklaters’ global information team.
* Assisting with
* Library Management
* Information Procurement
* Information Asset Management
* Current Awareness
* Research and Enquiry Management
* Training and investment in information resources
* Knowledge Management
* Professional Development
Key responsibilities and challenges
* Library management
* Promote services to members of the practice / office to ensure effective use of new and existing services.
* Help support business continuity activity.
* Maintain physical library space e.g. shelving, tidying, archiving, labelling.
* Assist with administration related to joiner / leaver processes e.g. updating of distribution lists, collection of knowhow materials etc.
* Ensure complete records are maintained for resources purchased and received using the library management system.
* Liaise with local suppliers in relation to obtaining published material.
* Monitor usage of online sources and quantify and recover search costs where appropriate.
Information asset management
* Liaise with Procurement team on distribution lists for subscription materials and access details for online publications.
* Ensure compliance with license requests.
* Weed and archive collection materials as required.
* Input items to the Knowhow Index (on instruction of Advisor)
* Redact, scan and maintain items in the Knowledge Index.
* Carry out quality assurance checks on Dealfinder records
* Manage check-in and dispatch of new materials including serials / loose-leaf.
* Assist in updating looseleaf materials.
* Assist with collection management (books, journals and knowhow files) e.g. labelling, updating, filing, archiving, distribution of materials, book trawls, looseleaf updating, tidying.
Help manage news alerting service for users including the set-up and editing of alerts. Copy, fax and scan relevant materials to fee earners upon request of an Advisor.
Research and enquiry management
* Act as point of contact for fee earner and Business Teams research queries.
* Assist with research and enquiries as required.
* Regular participation in enquiry desk rota (AM/PM shifts as scheduled by Advisors)
* Liaise with fee earners to establish when queries from within the network may be billable.
* Direct enquirers to intranet pages, or guide them to books and journals through use of the library catalogue.
* Copy, fax and scan relevant materials to fee earners and knowledge professionals in other offices at request of Advisors.
Training and investment in information resources
* Assist with delivery of induction training for new joiners/qualifiers (as appropriate) in Information services and systems.
* Support Information teams with the booking of rooms / facilities for training courses (internal or external).
* Provide administrative support for maintenance of user guides / training materials for global use (with practice / office customisations).
* Support evaluation of training; summarising feedback and recommended improvements.
* Train users in off-the-shelf products and resources.
Update and maintain practice intranet pages on instruction of Advisors.
* Contribute to learning and development of self and for Information & Research teams globally and locally.
* Share best practice and skills with other members of Information & Research teams locally and globally.
* Provide feedback for other members of Information & Research services teams as appropriate (e.g. as part of the appraisal process).
* Provide support to Information team members as required e.g. creation of PowerPoint presentations, meeting management, writing and distribution of minutes
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
* Enthusiastic and resilient
* Highly computer literate
* Creative and open to new ideas
* Outstanding communicator – written and verbal to staff at all levels
* Multi tasker with a pragmatic approach
Education / Qualification
Library/Information qualification (or equivalent qualification)
* Experience of team working
* Evidence of flexibility/ability to manage conflicting priorities
* Able to work independently
* Experience of database administration
* Microsoft office skills
* Awareness of the legal issues relating to the procurement and use of information
* Customer Service Awareness