about 1 month ago
Information Advisor (Maternity cover - FTC 6 months)
Information is one of Linklaters’ key assets and, as such, needs to be developed and exploited in order to generate further value for the firm.
The Information & Research team are key to ensuring that this value is realised through the effective collection, collation and exploitation of both internal knowhow and external materials.
The role of the Information Advisor is to ensure the efficient and effective provision of information and research services to both the Practice and Business Services, as part of Linklaters’ global information team.
* Strategic management of information and research services
* Research and Enquiry Management
* Process and make available information resources
* Maintain and develop a comprehensive current awareness service to support practice needs and business development
* Information Asset Management: acquisition, distribution and renewal of information resources
* Knowledge management
* Provision of training
* Professional development of self and others
Key responsibilities and challenges
To provide high quality, cost effective information services to support legal and business research needs in home office or practice group, and across the firm.
To report and respond to the Team Leaders and/or assigned member of Information Leadership Team to ensure activities and improvements to service are in line with the strategic direction for Information and Research.
To focus on value add activity, and delegate to the right shared service teams appropriate generic and transactional tasks.
To contribute to global networks to support practices in other offices.
To contribute to, and participate in, global networks, in order to share best practice and implement agreed policies and practices for information management.
Key responsibilities in the following areas:
* Library management
* Information asset management
* Current Awareness
* Research and enquiry management
* Training and investment in information resources
* Knowledge management
* Professional development & team management
Full job Description available upon request.
Information Systems and Strategy, Knowledge & Learning
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications Required
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required:
* Interpersonal skills
* Communication skills – written and verbal
* Influencing skills
* Creative and open to new ideas
* Multi tasker with pragmatic approach
* Team player
* Organised and a good manager
Education / Qualification
* Information Qualification
* Experience of providing a variety of information and research services in a large organisation
* Evidence of specific achievements in effective information service management
* Advanced technical skills to use and develop office and information systems effectively
* Ability to prioritise in a dynamic and fast moving environment
* Understanding of how a business operates to strategies and business plans
The firm operates as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of gender, race or ethnicity, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded in writing at each stage of the selection process.
Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job.
Those involved in recruitment, selection and dealing with the public are provided with training and guidance in administering equal opportunities.
Apply for job
Send to a friend