3 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Recognised as the leading innovators in the legal sector, we are a firm that understands what clients need today and what they will need tomorrow. We focus on creative and cost-effective solutions for our clients. It is an approach that makes Eversheds Sutherland a distinctive and innovative force in the legal world.
The Risk and Knowledge Team works with lawyers and other colleagues around the business in order to develop and implement effective policies and procedures, respond to changing client expectations, and ensure compliance with new legislative and regulatory requirements. The team also manages the firm’s insurance, claims and in-house legal matters, and oversees other issues affecting the firm’s risk profile and reputation. Our team is successfully creating a robust framework for managing risk across all parts of our business, which continues to expand internationally.
As part of the Legal & Regulatory team within the Risk and Knowledge team, this role will involve working with the Head of Risk & Compliance (Legal & Regulatory) to ensure the firm’s compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations across all of Eversheds Sutherland’s UK and International offices, as well as advising on a wide range of day-to-day legal and regulatory issues that arise in a firm like Eversheds Sutherland.
• Working closely with the Senior Risk & Compliance (Legal & Regulatory) Manager to ensure that all of the firm’s legal and regulatory obligations are met and high standards are maintained across all UK and international offices.
• Researching and advising on various legal and regulatory issues including compliance with the SRA’s Principles and Code of Conduct, FCA regulation, data protection and financial crime (financial sanctions, corruption, anti-money laundering and proceeds of crime), and responding to ad hoc queries from the firm in relation to these areas.
• Researching and advising on legal and regulatory changes impacting the firm’s network (UK/International).
• Assisting colleagues on projects to manage the firm’s legal and regulatory risks across its network of offices (UK/International), including GDPR and MLD4.
• Support the ongoing development and roll-out of legal and regulatory compliance training to the wider business.
• Assisting with the review of/updates to the firm’s policies and procedures on legal and regulatory matters.
• Actively participating in International Operations initiatives and working with colleagues across International Operations to ensure compliance with the firm’s legal and regulatory obligations whilst meeting the needs of the business.
• Escalation of issues to the Head of Risk & Compliance (Legal & Regulatory) where appropriate.
• Working with other members of the Risk and Knowledge team and wider business as required to support in the delivery of the firm’s objectives
Skills and experience:
• We are seeking applications from Solicitors at Associate level
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to deliver sensitive messages tactfully when required
• Strong commercial and financial awareness
• Excellent level of IT and systems literacy
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Enjoys working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
• Adopts a pragmatic and innovative approach to meeting client needs.
• Demonstrates commercial awareness when providing technical advice.
• A passion for risk and compliance matters.
• Proven ability to think independently, contribute to projects and confidently engage with and influence colleagues at all levels.
• Impressive attention to detail.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, in an autonomous and independent way
• A lively, energetic personality and enthusiasm for providing excellent client service
• A tenacious yet practical approach to problem solving
• Excited and challenged by the pace and demands of a corporate environment
• High degree of commercial awareness, with the ability to contribute to the wider business agenda
• A range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the organisation
• A high degree of flexibility and responsiveness in approach to work
• Service-orientated with an ability to understand the varied issues facing the offices across the firm’s network and provide possible solutions to challenges.
• Resilient under pressure and willing to work with the challenges brought by change.
Email this vacancy to a friend