This long-standing import and manufacturing business with operations in the UK and Asia is recruiting for an in-house counsel / advisor.
The role would suit a solicitor, experienced contacts manager or experienced paralegal.
You will have direct line reporting to the FD and MD and will be operating on a stand-alone basis, albeit with support from external counsel.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts (including employment contracts and side letters)
- Drafting and finalising board and shareholder meeting papers
- Intellectual Property matters
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts proposed by third parties (including third party Ts & Cs)
- Processing litigation
- Procuring advice from specialist external counsel
- Maintaining a detailed and indexed legal archive of all legally significant documentation
Other skills required are:
- Ability ‘to close’ / ‘get deals done’
- High attention to detail
- Meticulous organisation
- Capacity to manage multiple case-loads
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Uncompromising ethical standards
For further information on this and other exciting opportunities, or to discuss your situation in complete confidence, please contact David Mayfield.
At Bygott Biggs our aim has always been to provide a more personal service and everyone here believes that recruitment should be about building long-term relationships with clients and candidates alike. Our reputation has been built on the fact that we provide an efficient and professional service but are not afraid to give straight forward, straight talking advice.
Any above pqe is expressed as a guideline only. We are happy to hear from anyone who can demonstrate the necessary skills and knowledge in order to fulfil this role.