A global leader in insurance with operations in more than 130 companies with annual revenues of $5 billion is looking for a recently qualified lawyer to join the legal department in London with post qualification experience in Commercial/Corporate work. Experience within insurance or regulated financial services is preferable bit not essential.
The role entails:
- Handling a wide range of non-contentious commercial and corporate legal matters
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, including client terms of engagement, arrangements with insurers and procurement contracts for in-bound services
- Gaining familiarity with insurance-specific agreements such as introducer agreements, joint broking agreements, broker's letters of undertaking, opinion letters and reliance letters
- Delivering clear, pragmatic solutions to business colleagues and responding to ad hoc legal and commercial queries, for example in relation to data protection, intellectual property, contractual and strategic issues
- Reporting to senior members of the department within a supportive working environment
You will need to point to:
- UK qualified solicitor with up to 2 years' post-qualification experience in Commercial / Corporate practice areas
- Strong commercial skills and an ability to interact confidently with business colleagues
- Proactive and motivated with good team working skills
- Mature, professional and able to act with discretion at all times
In return you will be offered comprehensive benefits and a competetive package.
For more information on this great in-house opportunity please contact David Smith at Newton Shaw. If this position isn't for you but you know someone who could be suitable then please let us know. We offer a reward fee of £250 for any successful referrals. For full details please see our website.