A well-respected law firm are seeking a Immigration Paralegal to join their growing department in Bedford.
Your role as an Immigration Paralegal will involve reporting to the Supervising Partner.
The successful candidate will work alongside qualified staff and provide legal and administrative support, including but not limited to the following; case preparation, bundling, research, arranging / attending conferences and client meetings.
You will also be required to assist the team with the marketing of their services, and networking. The position involves assisting the Head of Department in a wide range of work and there is plenty of scope for personal development. The successful applicant will have an outstanding opportunity to develop the profile of the Department and to apply for upcoming training contracts at the firm.
Candidates should ideally have:
- Minimum 12 months experience within an Immigration Law environment
- An LPC or GDL qualification (LPC would be preferred but is not essential)
- Capability to generate fees in accordance with agreed targets
- Ability to adhere to and manage deadlines
- Assist colleagues and support supervisors in fee-earning matters
- Follow financial guidelines with regards to Solicitors Accounts Rules and cash flow control on case files.
- Strong IT skills
- Good drafting and writing skills, excellent communication and technical ability
Salary between £15,000 - £20,000 per year.
To be considered, please submit a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.