6 months ago
This role offers a dynamic opportunity within the HR team for a generalist to grow their career within DLA Piper.
You will be commercially astute and dynamic, and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the technical issues that are key to your clients. You will have strong experience of working within the sector. Energetic and enthusiastic, you will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within our fast moving and changing environment.
This is a role for an individual who thrives on working with a varied and demanding stakeholder group, and using your extensive technical knowledge to offer pragmatic but innovative solutions.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Act as a business partner to a defined population in order to collaboratively deliver against operational objectives and drive the people agenda, through embedding a quality, efficient and integrated HR strategy, which adds value to everyday business activity within the firm.
* Contribute to business strategy and help identification of a talent pipelines and succession plans
* Guide managers in dealing with disciplinary and grievance hearings and the potential exiting of employees from the firm
* Conduct exit interviews and discuss the feedback with the relevant Group or Department in order to assess opportunities for future learning's
* Assess the wider impact that business decisions may have on people and play an active role in challenging decisions by providing professional insights and context
* Maintain and update technical HR skills; keeping informed of changes to employment law, relevant industry trends and best practice
* Ensure business leaders commitment to the annual performance management review process and to developing talent
* Provide analysis to business leaders and work with them to instigate action
* Collaborate with the Specialist HR functions to deliver firm wide HR initiatives
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
* Previous HR generalist experience, ideally in a large multi-site organisation
* An understanding of the HR Business Partnering model
* Extensive experience of dealing with change management programmes and complex Employee Relations cases
* Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards this
* Encourages collaboration and idea sharing
* Ability to organise and prioritise a diverse and often complex workload, whilst maintaining a consistently high degree of quality
* Ability to effectively challenge, influence and persuade key stakeholders
* Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. These clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as governments and public sector bodies.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people across all of our practice and business services groups. Our continued success relies on our ability to provide an inclusive and motivating environment where everyone has a role to play in achieving our goal to be the leading global business law firm.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.