£23,000 - £27,000
My Client is looking for a HR Assistant to join their expanding and energetic firm of solicitors. The Firm has over 300 fee earners and support staff working across a range of specialist departments.
A position has become available for a full time HR Assistant to work closely with the HR Manager, assisting with personnel administration, day to day. The successful candidate will also be required to undertake payroll administration, therefore previous experience in payroll is essential.
The successful candidate will be bright, energetic and enthusiastic. The role requires a team player who is organised, has the ability to work under pressure yet has excellent attention to detail. A professional approach along with excellent communication skills and discretion will be necessary since the role will involve dealings with employees, partners, solicitors and external agencies. Excellent IT skills are desirable and ideally previous relevant administrative work experience and understanding of HR processes.
The successful candidate will provide assistance in the following areas:
- Maintain and update HR database;
- Administration of employee benefit schemes including; cycle to work, income protection, life assurance, pension, private medical, payroll giving etc;
- Recruitment administration including; production of vacancy advertisements, sifting CVs, arrange interviews and pre-employment tests, manage vacancies within the recruitment database, produce employment documents and induction packs and pre-employment screening;
- Maintenance of all HR related policies and procedures;
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects for managers and partners;
- Administration of Personal Development Review (PDR) process as appropriate; and
The successful candidate will have previous working experience in HR or similar professional administrative position; as well as previous working experience of payroll administration. Strong computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office and Excel in particular are required along side excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Apply now for immediate consideration.
Please contact Emily Flewitt, Legal Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a legal recruitment expert and the UK's leading law firms trust us with their legal vacancies. We are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.