4 months ago
FULL-TIME CONVEYANCING ASSISTANT
Everys has been providing high quality legal advice to families and businesses across the region for many years. Offering a full range of legal services delivered professionally yet personally, we place great value on the on-going relationships we have with our clients. We always provide a welcoming and helpful service, with clear communication at the heart of everything we do.
We believe in developing and maintaining strong links with the communities in which we work and live and are strong supporters of a wide range of sporting and charitable organisations across Devon and Somerset.
We are proud to be able to provide the reassurance of dealing with a leading regional law firm.
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Conveyancing Assistant to join our busy residential conveyancing department in our Exeter office. Hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with one hour for lunch on a Monday to Friday inclusive. We are looking for organised individuals with previous conveyancing experience, confident managing a busy workload in a fast paced environment with the ability to use own initiative and work well under pressure.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
· Undertake on-line searches
· Complete Land Registry and SDLT forms on-line
· Assist in the progression of a conveyancing transaction to include:
Exchanging contracts and dealing with completions; Preparation of contracts, transfers, trust deeds and correspondence; Dealing with completion statements; Raising solicitors invoices; Drawing up contracts; Taking instructions from and liaising with clients
· Deal with telephone calls in a confident manner providing clear, accurate and up to date information
· Produce documents using the firm’s case management software
· Demonstrate good administrative skills with good attention to detail
· Demonstrate good organisation skills
· Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
· Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
· Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the department
· Be receptive to receiving and acting on instructions given by immediate supervisor
· Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our Residential Conveyancing Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment. If you are looking for a new challenge please send your CV..