6 months ago
Closing Date: 19/01/2018
The basic purpose of the job is:
To assist fee earners in the Defendant Counter Fraud Department.
To ensure that clients are confident that their legal affairs are dealt with in a businesslike and competent manner and to ensure the efficient operation of the firm.
The main duties of the role include (but are not limited to) the following:
* To assist fee earners with tasks on their files as and when allocated.
* To communicate effectively internally with other departments (e.g. Intelligence Team)
* To communicate direct with third parties in a professional and effective manner.
* Drafting instructions to third party agents/experts (e.g. Forensic Engineers, Enquiry Agents, Surveillance)
* Drafting and reviewing court documents, statements, medical records and applications.
* Attending hearings as and when required.
* To set up and maintain a fully working system of organisation to ensure all important dates are met and files are progressed proactively.
* Updating file information on Case Management System
* Provision of first line support for client queries.
* To assist with the efficient running of the office generally
* To comply fully with the Solicitors Accountancy Rules
* To work in full compliance with the firm’s Data Protection Policy and all other policies.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following:
* LLB/LPC/CILEX graduate or relevant previous work experience
* Knowledge of relevant case law and its application
* Experience of communicating and working with clients
* Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and verbal
* The ability to work effectively under pressure
* The ability to run an effective diary system
* Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
* The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team