4 months ago
To be responsible for group financial and reporting ensuring integrity and timely completeness of financial statements, in a Plc environment, in line with the latest accounting standards (IFRS).
In addition to this to assist the FD/FC in the annual budgeting and modelling of the Group’s financial performance together with ensuring all monthly monitoring and reporting is accurately produced.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Financial reporting ensuring compliance with accounting standards (Period end management reporting, statutory accounting and group performance monitoring against market expectations).
* Assist FC/FD with all aspects of Plc reporting and Group accounts delivery
* Monitoring of regulatory policy and proposals and provision of professional accounting guidance and advice in light of any updates or changes.
* Constant review and implementation of improvements in the monthly reporting processes.
* Support internal audit management.
* Management of external returns (HMR&C, etc).
* Market share & competitor analysis.
* Possible acquisition due diligence reporting – pre and post acquisition.
* Covenant monitoring and assistance in the monthly management of cash resources.
* Assist with any major IT implementation projects as and when necessary
Key Skills & Experience
* Previous experience within a similar role.
* Qualified accountant (ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA).
* Up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards - FRS 102/IFRS (ideal).
* Willingness to adapt to constantly changing business requirements.
* Strong commercial awareness and mindset.
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation.
* Ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment.
* Strong IT capability