9 months ago
Finance Pricing Advisor
Analyse, determine and review the financial proposition of global fee deals. Be recognised as an expert in this field and contribute insightfully in Partner facing discussions on pricing.
Support fee proposal submissions to the firm’s Client Pricing Committee and ultimately the client.
Support the proactive dissemination of relevant pricing information to Linklaters’ partners and share knowledge throughout the firm.
Provide global support on the development of client relationship fee deals.
Responsible for providing financial advice (or supporting Divisional Finance Managers/CRMs in discharging this duty) to client relationship partners and client teams as to the options they may wish to consider in the analysis and interpretation of a client fee deal proposal. Support mid term reviews of fee deals.
Work closely with the Pricing Manager on the administration and management aspects of fee deals.
Key responsibilities and challenges
1. Manage or support the financial aspects of the client fee deal process including liaising with and ensuring timely buy in from all stakeholders. Provide commercial insights and challenge in an advisory capacity leveraging past experience with appropriate gravitas to influence Partners.
2. Facilitate and ensure fee proposals go through the appropriate internal approval process via the Client Pricing Committee.
3. Produce bespoke financial modelling to support the Pricing Manager/DFMs/Marketing and other stakeholders in relation to pricing and financial issues for fee deal proposals. Maintain high levels of accuracy under pressurised situations whilst retaining a high level oversight of the requirements of fee negotiations.
Perform mid term reviews of existing commercial arrangements. Escalate cases of non-compliance or where actual recoveries differ from that modelled in fee negotiations.
4. Monitor the expiry of existing client fee deals and project manage these and new client fee deals in a coherent and commercial manner. Manage stakeholders to ensure relevant information is considered and employed in a timely fashion.
5. Gather all necessary information from stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of client fee deals into our financial system. Communicate regularly with the Process & Infrastructure team to ensure this has happened and resolve any outstanding items.
6. Support the maintenance of the Central Pricing intranet site to ensure current and correct client fee deal information is available firm wide. Establish strong links with local pricing experts and CRCs to ensure other pricing information is linked in to the core site and updated appropriately.
7. Develop best practice reports, highlight trends in pricing and share with the global pricing network and throughout the firm. Be acknowledged as a global expert in this field and drive forward improvements.
Skills/ Experience/ Qualifications Required
Characteristics, Skills & Experience required:
* Gravitas to partner influence. Ability to build empathy and trust.
* Highly proactive/self motivated by nature
* Strong client service mentality
* Team player
* Highly flexible
* Takes ownership and responsibility for areas within role.
* Accuracy under pressure.
Education / Qualification
* Qualified accountant or exceptionally financial numerate in the field of pricing.
* Confident verbal and written communication skills in a style appropriate for Partner consumption.
* Excellent modelling and data manipulation skills
* Strong financial reporting capability
* Ability to network
* Excellent IT skills including Excel and other finance based systems.
* Excellent project time management
* A high degree of commercial acumen
* An understanding of how businesses operate and make decisions
The firm operates as a meritocracy and, therefore, selection for recruitment is on merit, irrespective of gender, race or ethnicity, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. This assumes that the applicants are fit and able to undertake the job.
Selection decisions, and the reasons for those decisions, are recorded in writing at each stage of the selection process.
Selection criteria and, where appropriate, technical skills tests are in place to measure an individual’s ability for the safe and effective performance of a job.
Those involved in recruitment, selection and dealing with the public are provided with training and guidance in administering equal opportunities.
Apply for job
Send to a friend