4 months ago
About the team
The Insurance Finance Consulting team advises leading Insurance groups on a wide variety of strategy-led, regulatory and general operational improvement programmes. In particular, our clients are looking for ways to meet the current regulatory and reporting challenges through the transformation of Finance, Actuarial and Risk functions. They are searching for insightful solutions to address process, systems and data challenges.
You would be expected to primarily work on client engagements, taking lead roles on Finance change initiatives (delivery); you will also spend time developing solution propositions.
You will be responsible for
* Acting as a Finance function change subject matter expert when advising clients
* Successfully managing complex projects with multiple PwC and client teams;
* Contributing to our continued thought leadership around Finance function strategy, operating models, processes, policies, governance, reporting, data and systems
* Supporting business development activities, leveraging our strong existing client relationships, multi-disciplined colleagues and intellectual collateral to develop additional opportunities;
This role will be mainly client-based, developing teams and leading/ supporting transformational work and change engagements as well as some business development responsibilities.
We are looking for individuals who can develop finance systems architecture across the whole landscape or large sections of it, to help clients solve challenging multi-dimensional transformations across their systems. For example candidates who can cover of one or ideally more than one of the following areas of architecture:
* ERP / general ledger platforms
* Sub ledgers
* Data warehousing
* Actuarial models
* Integration / ETL
* Consolidation systems
* Planning and budgeting systems
* Earnings engines for insurance
Joining our team as a Senior Manager, we would expect you to have considerable experience of leading large change projects, preferably within a major blue chip or consulting environment.
You will have been supporting decision making at a senior level (CFO level) and be able to demonstrate a track record of implementation success, achieving savings and overcoming various challenges. Significant Insurance sector experience is essential but candidates will also be given credit for experience outside of Insurance where skills and experience are directly transferable.
* Preference will be given to candidates with well demonstrated external consulting experience
* A track record in Finance systems architecture
* Experience of leading Finance change projects in one or more of the following areas: Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting, Financial Consolidation and Group Reporting, Management Reporting and Analysis, Profitability and Cost Management and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) / Balanced Scorecard definition;
* Understanding of finance operating models and in particularly how finance functions deliver reporting and management information processes;
* Demonstrated ability to advise senior management on alternative solutions and risks with experience of presenting and influencing at a senior level;
* Experience of process improvement techniques are desirable but not essential;
* Experience of performance management aspects across business operations (e.g. product development, procurement, actuarial, risk, treasury, sales, marketing or customer service) also desirable;
* Confident approach, self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written);
* A flexible and team focused working style within a multi-functional team;
* Experience of working in an international environment is desirable but not essential;
* Demonstrable end to end project management lifecycle experience (requirements, design, build, implementation) experience;
* First class delivery skills of large, complex projects.
* Business Skills - Understanding our client's business and showing strong commercial acumen in the seeking out of opportunities and the winning of work.
* Delivery Skills - The ability to use our industry and technical skills to better deliver practical solutions that are valued by the client.
* Analytical Skills - Identifying and diagnosing client issues through rigorous analysis, rather than “selling” PwC solutions.
* Individual, Social and Business Interaction - Flexible in using a range of influencing styles in order to build strong sustainable relationships, and demonstrating the firm's values.
In Consulting we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage talent or fundamentally change the way they do business, the work you do will be all about helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster. You could find yourself working with household names in a diverse range of industries – everyone from big-name broadcasters and high-street banks to multinational telecoms operators and energy companies.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.