3 months ago
Job Title: Finance Assistant – Billing Team
Contract: 12 Mth FTC
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
Slater and Gordon are currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join our Billing team in London and be responsible for the day-to-day billing process. This is an excellent opportunity to develop a long term career with a busy operational finance department.
* Ensuring that the billing function is performed efficiently on files that are ready for closure.
* Transferring client funds to settle outstanding invoices.
* Posting of all entries to accounting system to be completed on day of transaction.
* Posting AP Disbursement invoices and recording of payments due to be made to creditors
* Resolving any invoice discrepancies
* Investigating client balances on files marked for closure
* Liaising with Fee Earners/Secretaries on a regular basis regarding billing queries
Ensuring that all filing is maintained
Ensuring that Billing Deadlines are met
* Other ad hoc duties as instructed.
What we are looking for;
Aderant expert experience would be advantageous
Knowledge of accounting processes would be advantageous
Intermediate Microsoft office skills e.g. Word & Outlook
The ability to work to numerous deadlines
A proactive approach
Good attention to detail
Excellent time management and organisational skills
The ability to work under pressure
Outstanding communication skills
A willingness to learn
What we offer in return;
In return we offer a positive and inviting work environment with the opportunity to develop your career with a leading, international law firm.
Who we are;
Slater and Gordon Limited is a leading consumer law firm in Australia and the United Kingdom. We employ 1,210 people in 54 locations across Australia and 3,130 people across 25 locations in the UK. Slater and Gordon’s mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas.
Founded in Australia in 1935 the company has grown from quite humble beginnings to building a powerful reputation throughout our history as a law firm that fights to achieve the best outcomes and ensure that more people are able to access affordable legal services.
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in applying, please follow the online application process by clicking the “Apply” button on the left hand side or for an initial chat, please contact the recruitment team on