17 days ago
This position will play an important role in supporting the ongoing success of our Alternative Legal Services business, supporting the Building Operations Manager in delivering an effective and efficient Facilities function in Belfast, compliant with relevant legislation and regulations.
• Provide support with general office management (including checking tidiness and cleanliness of the reception area, meeting rooms, private offices and all other areas) and escalate any issues.
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail, record management and undertake document printing, copying, scanning and binding.
• Responsible for supply, stock, maintenance and storage of all office supplies, equipment and furniture.
• Coordinate post and courier services, taxi services, travel management, accommodation requirements and services.
• Coordinate seating and furniture arrangements for joiners, leavers, movers and visitors.
• Lead small-scale local office projects and other office-related initiatives.
• Manage security pass access control system for members of the team, visitors and contractors.
• Facilitate out-of-hours and weekend access to the building and office.
• Allocate and coordinate the use of car parking spaces.
• Oversee the closed circuit television, the office heating and air conditioning systems.
• Assist with the management and development of the Facilities/Operations budgets for the Belfast office.
• Meet regularly with Business Services managers to exchange information and discuss issues affecting the office.
• Work proactively with Business Services teams and other members of the Belfast team to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and overall operations.
• Provide other administrative and operational assistance to the Belfast office, as required.
Client and Office Services
• Liaise with receptionist and other Belfast team members to ensure consistent, high quality delivery of all client services functions, including reception desk cover, meeting room and private office set-up, video conferencing facilitation and hospitality.
• Liaise with suppliers regarding the catering requirements for meetings, events and other functions.
• Support the arrangements for meetings and other functions, including the preparation of papers, presentations and other materials.
• Provide reception desk cover during the receptionist's meal breaks, vacations, or any other type of absence.
• Assist in preparing tender documents for contractors.
• Coordinate and supervise the work of contractors,.
• Reconcile and submit contractor invoices for payment.
• Liaise with other tenants, third party security contractors, the building management company, the landlord and Belfast City Council.
Health and Safety
• Assist with ensuring that health and safety requirements are met and that facilities comply with relevant legislation.
• Coordinate first aid training, first aid supplies and first aiders.
• Coordinate responsibilities for emergency notification system, emergency action plan and business continuity plan.
• Coordinate emergency warden training and supplies.
• Coordinate office and building health & safety audits.
• Arrange and undertake workstation set-up assessments.
• Coordinate and implement, where appropriate, firm wide environmental and energy management strategies and projects.
• Monitor and collate energy data and usage.
• Assist with ensuring compliance with office and firm wide ISO accreditations (e.g. ISO 50001 Energy Management, ISO 27001 Information Security).
Skills, experience and qualifications
• 2 A levels (or equivalent qualification) and a 'C or above' in GCSE English and Mathematics.
• Minimum of 1 year's experience in facilities co-ordination/management role.
• IT literate, particularly Microsoft Office packages (to include Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
• Degree in Business and Administration or other relevant field.
• National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) qualification.
Group / Team
Alternative Legal Services
Group / Team description
The Alternative Legal Services business delivers high quality, cost-efficient legal services for document or information intensive, defined process work.
The team works in a complementary and seamless way, offering a combination of legal expertise, process efficiency and client technology solutions to our clients.
The key products and services of our Alternative Legal Services business include document review, regulatory claims assessment, due diligence, verification commercial contracts, funds' repapering, client technology services (including advisory and document review software) and asset management for real estate clients.
Apply to job