Closing date: 03/07/2017
Department: Legal and Estates
Location: Operations Centre, Bath
Starting salary: Grade C, £18,911 - £25,530
Package: 40 hours per week, permanent Defined contribution pension scheme
Do you have previous administrative/office management experience (preferably within property or law)? Do you also have fantastic IT skills? If so, we have a great opportunity within our estates department.
Wessex Water is the top performing water and sewerage company in the UK, serving 2.8 million customers across the south west of England. It is part of the Wessex Water Group which comprises a number of other companies alongside our regulated business, including engineering and construction, property development, and waste management and renewable energy services.
Working within the estates department the successful applicant's role will include the following tasks:
* Manage administration systems and processes to ensure effective running of the department.
* Maintenance and management of the company's property management database to ensure property records are kept up to date and key actions such as lease renewals and rent reviews are diarised and undertaken on time.
* Provision of information regarding land ownership and interests.
* Provide a full range of administrative, secretarial and day-to-day support for the department including diary management, arranging meetings, handling enquiries and allocating them to colleagues.
You will be familiar with basic property management practices and have an ability to accurately interpret property agreements, contracts and deeds. You should be organised, a confident communicator and have excellent interpersonal skills in order to interact with all levels of staff and external contacts.
Computer-literate, you must be comfortable using GIS, databases, word processing and spreadsheet software. A general education at GCSE level or equivalent is required. Previous experience within an estate or property management-related team is desirable.
In return we offer a range of benefits including:
* Defined contribution pension scheme.
* 24 days' holiday rising to 28 with length of service.
* Life insurance.
* Childcare vouchers.
* Cycle2Work scheme.
* Discounts and cashback scheme from more than 1,200 high street and online suppliers.