We are looking for a 1-3 year PQE Solicitor to join our busy Employment team in London which specialises in highly complex HR projects, investigations and inquiries, transaction support and cross-border issues. We are part of one the largest national employment teams in the UK with more than 50 lawyers in 13 commercial centres in the UK and Republic of Ireland as well as in
our other international offices. The ideal candidate will have both contentious and non-contentious experience in a City-based employment team advising employers (and senior executives) across all sectors on contracts, policies and procedures, recruitment and terminations, restrictive covenants, reorganisations and redundancies, employment tribunal and High Court litigation and business immigration and have some experience of handling complex transactions and corporate support matters for national and international clients.
Main function of job: To work a part of the London and national employment team to provide clear, concise and commercial advice and support on the full range of employment law issues to both external clients and internal clients in our Corporate, Commercial and Real Estate teams. In doing so we will expect you to demonstrate strong technical knowledge, commercial judgement and the ability to manage your busy workload to deliver results to the highest possible standard of service within required time frames.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasksas necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall businessobjectives of the organisation.
- Clearly understand client requirements and confidently provide practical answers and advice both orally and in written form whilst ensuring work is carried out with a high degree of attention to detail and technical accuracy at all times;
- Be accountable for individual financial performance and ensure delivery of
- responsibilities within required time frames and to the highest standard;
- Analyse risk and use sound judgement with decisions impacting on clients/practice area and anticipate both positive and negative consequences;
- Work as part of a team, including delegating work appropriately and managing work upwards when required to ensure that work performed meets individual performance requirements as well as those of the wider team/Firm;
- Understand individual role and performance in the Firm as well as commercial trends affecting practice area or potential business development activity;
- Develop your confidence in client facing and presentation skills
- Build working relationships internally and externally in order to develop business networks and create a solid understanding of the Firm’s direction and client needs;
- Act appropriately to business needs including an ability to initiate change and
- communicate new ideas effectively both internally and externally at all levels;
- Contribute to the firm as a whole through participation, business development and cross office and cross practice working.