Leading IT Company that operates globally now requires a Senior Employment Lawyer to take on an EMEA focused role that reports to the Global General Counsel.
This is a unique in-house role that will require the Employment Counsel to cover the whole spectrum of employment law for all of the company's operations in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA). This is a new role, so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the delivery of a best in class service with acquired knowledge and expertise
The role will report to the SVP & General Counsel based in Reading, UK.
- providing high quality, practical legal support to the company with a focus on international HR/employment matters
- managing litigation and pre-litigation disputes in close collaboration with the company's local in-house counsel, as well as external legal counsel
- developing and reviewing employment contracts and policies
- conducting internal and external investigations together with HR and/or the company's compliance function
- delivering thoughtful, fit-for-purpose advice to HR on day-to-day issues (including grievance, performance and conduct management, terminations, leaves of absence, compensation and benefits) in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- working withthe company's employee relations function in addressing all matters related to collective employment law and our works councils in France, the Netherlands and Germany
- providing support for various corporate initiatives and projects requiring International employment law expertise, such as cross border mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, divestments and outsourcing
- Delivering legal updates and training to HR and business managers with a view to educating and managing risks across the organization
What it takes:
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, adaptability - candidates must be comfortable working in a fluid environment and eager to delve into new areas as needed, and undertake projects in diverse fields
- Open, collaborative team approach - must be able to work independently, but at the same time it is imperative that candidates are consummate team players
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills - must be detail oriented but not lose sight of the bigger picture
- Communication Skills - superb written and oral communication skills
- Client Orientation - a business minded lawyer who is responsive to client needs and brings a clear, pragmatic, solution driven sensibility, coupled with sound judgment.
- Hands-On Approach - roll-up-the-sleeves lawyer with a "can-do" attitude
- Good academic background
- Must have extensive experience and knowledge in international individual and collective employment laws, in particular English, German and French laws.
- Previous in-house background desired (but not essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills
For additional information, please contact Brian Littleton at Chadwick Nott onoror at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chadwick Nott Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.