6 months ago
Document Support Secretary
[Forward to a friend]
(5pm – 9pm Monday to Friday)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Estates Management is the integration of processes within an organisation to maintain and develop the agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities. This encompasses multi-disciplinary activities within the built environment and the management of their impact upon people and the workplace. Effective estates management, combining resources and activities, is vital to the success of any organisation. At a corporate level, it contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives. On a day-to day level, effective estates management provides a safe and efficient working environment, which is essential to the performance of any business – whatever its size and scope. Responsibilities of this team include property strategy, space management and communications infrastructure to building maintenance, administration and contract management.
An opportunity has arisen for a part time Document Support Secretary to join our Leeds office.
Providing support to our legal teams in Leeds (and occasionally other offices - via BigHand), an experienced and highly skilled secretary is required to join the team. The Document Support Team (DST) will provide a key support service.
You will be required to provide an expert document production service including:-
* Provide secretarial support to legal departments
* Complete work as prioritised:-
* Priority One - Type and amend complicated documents such as contracts, leases, agreements, deeds, etc
* Priority Two – Production of letters, faxes, memos, attendance notes, file notes
* Priority Three – Company Searches, photocopying, faxing
* formatting documents in accordance with the Shoosmiths house style.
* Saving documents in the correct systems for access by PAs and legal advisers.
* Log all work received and produce weekly work in progress reports to HR.
The role will have daily contact with internal clients.
Skills and qualifications
You must be able to demonstrate:-
* an accurate typing speed of 65 wpm (minimum)
* advanced technical knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
* legal experience within multi-disciplined areas
* excellent document management skills
To be successful you will be:-
* a team player
* able to establish good working relationships with all teams internally
* able to work to tight timescales
* use initiative
* client focussed with a can do attitude
* able to prioritise
* able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
* able to deliver a quality service in a professional and calm manner
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions