Level of role - Associate (0 to 5 years PQE)
Division - Finance and Projects
Location - Edinburgh/Glasgow/Aberdeen
At Addleshaw Goddard we not only provide technical excellence and experience but, crucially, demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. A natural choice for FTSE100 clients and for the best talent, our people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. They think in our clients' shoes, as part of a team - effective business people as well as efficient lawyers.
If you are searching for something a bit different and would like the opportunity to join a thriving and growing team, Addleshaw Goddard are looking for a Real Estate lawyer to assist with distressed real estate and real estate finance, primarily acting on behalf of lenders but also for borrowers and insolvency practitioners.. Knowledge, Skills and
You will have:
· up to five years PQE in a real estate role
· Real estate transaction experience primarily dealing with sales (including missives, sale documentation, discharge documentation, searches and completions) and leases (primarily lease reviews, but also agreements to lease, leases, variations and renunciations).
·Real estate finance experience, carrying out title diligence and completing Certificates of Title/Reports on Title and drafting security documents (including dealing with completions and registration requirements).
· sound technical understanding of the law
· good drafting and communication skills
· demonstrate a commercial and common sense approach to issues
· the ability to work to deadlines within a challenging environment, and to work as part of a team
· self-motivation and be keen to be involved in marketing and business development
· the ability to actively support complex transactions, liaising and coordinating with fee earners from other relevant disciplines as needed
· the enthusiasm to develop our business and market to clients
· the patience and experience to develop junior associates in the team
The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent academic achievement with a minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent
· Experience gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level. It is not essential for you to have experience in both distressed real estate and real estate finance, as long as you have real estate experience.
· Clear understanding and working experience of the operation and structure of a leading law firm and the needs of clients of a top flight team
· Strong commercial awareness - but most importantly a willingness to learn and a genuine interest in real estate
· Excellent organisation skills
· A proven team worker
Addleshaw Goddard is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and communities