Help us shape the future. Elevate is changing the way legal support services are delivered and we are looking for creative, innovative people who can help. If you are a customer-focused professional who wants your ideas to make a difference, Elevate's team of highly regarded legal service experts could be the right fit for you.
Elevate’s client is a cutting edge technology company who are launching an exciting new service to help customers ensure they are compliant with ongoing data protection regulations.
The company’s GDPR compliance service business model is highly automated providing this professional with a unique opportunity to apply their legal, privacy, and technology knowledge within a scalable technology solution.
As a Data Protection Officer you will ensure that the company complies with Data Protection laws and regulations, both in Europe (Global Data Protection Regulation) and elsewhere in the EMEA region.
The ideal candidate should have an outgoing personality and be able to relate to personnel at multiple levels across multiple types of businesses.
You might be the right person if you:
- Are a service orientated individual who has strong customer engagement experience.
- Are experienced and comfortable with sensitive data, data processing and the international transfers of personal data.
- Are skilled at writing legal and/or policy documents.
- Possess the ability to work collaboratively across different business lines.
- Are able to fulfil tasks based on personal integrity and high professional ethics with the authority and power to foster a data protection culture within each organization.
- Are a good negotiator with the ability and self-assurance to represent each client externally in the area of data privacy and be able to work under pressure and balance priorities effectively.
Specifically, you will be:
- Informing and advising the organization on the data protection regulation (GDPR) and its requirements.
- Supporting the data protection function in developing and maintaining relevant internal corporate policies and training.
- Cooperating with and handling communications with regulators, and any regulatory inspections and audits in the EMEA Region.
- Liaising with the senior management to ensure the company adopts consistent and harmonized approaches on the processing of data.
- Maintaining a record of processing activities auditable by regulators as required.
- Providing advice where requested with respect to data protection impact assessments.
- Ensuring any transfers of personal data to areas outside the EEA comply with appropriate laws and regulatory guidance.
- Fielding and advising on data protection questions across the EMEA organization and supporting business projects and initiatives to ensure compliance.
Essential experience and skills for success:
- Experience of interfacing with data protection regulators desirable.
- Excellent and effective communication, negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills, strong but diplomatic presence.
- Commercial awareness, excellent business sense and ability to develop practical approaches and prompt solutions.
- Expertise in UK and EU data protection laws and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- Proficiency to learn search, compliance, and storage/compute technologies and apply this knowledge.
- Degree or similar professional qualification.
At Elevate we live our core values:
- We Deliver. We are careful about the commitments we make to our customers and each other. We do what we say we will.
- We Innovate. We celebrate creativity. We challenge the status quo and continuously ask ourselves, and each other how can we improve.
- We Care. We listen to our customers’ needs and help them solve their business problems. Our work is a positive influence on our personal lives and the lives of our families.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate’s achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards