3 months ago
Latham & Watkins, a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Data Privacy Attorney to join our dynamic team in London. As part of the London group of the Firm’s Office of General Counsel, you will work closely with the Global Data Privacy Officer (GDPO), the wider Office of General Counsel and the Firm’s Information Governance and Security and Risk Management departments.
The Data Privacy Attorney is responsible for ensuring the Firm’s use of personal data is compliant with US, EU, Asian and Middle Eastern data privacy laws and any other applicable global data privacy laws. You will work closely with the GDPO to implement initiatives necessary for demonstrating compliance with Latham’s Binding Corporate Rules and the new General Data Privacy Regulation (GDPR) and more generally to develop strategies and initiatives to engage with key stakeholders and raise awareness of data privacy compliance across the Firm.
A key to Latham’s success and our continued ability to deliver the highest quality service to our clients is our “one-firm” culture – a spirit of teamwork and shared commitment to quality across our offices worldwide that has long distinguished Latham from other law firms.
Join our team if you:
* Are a self-starter, interested in being intrinsically involved in implementing a global privacy framework and compliance strategy
* Have innovative ideas about how to drive data privacy awareness and compliance across a multi-national organization
* Have well-developed and professional interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels
* Seek a new challenge in a rapidly expanding office
* A law degree and a strong amount of PQE experience
* Familiarity with UK and/or EU data privacy laws
We encourage you to apply!
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding opportunity, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance, a pension plan, wellness programs, employee discounts and more.
Latham & Watkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and sustainability enables Latham & Watkins to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world's leading law firms.
London, London, City of, United Kingdom
Office of the General Counsel