about 1 month ago
Who we are
Are you a savvy Data Analytics professional? PwC’s Operate is investing in the further expansion of its managed services offering and seeking to recruit Data Analysts who can provide our clients with enhanced insight across a breadth of regulatory or compliance focussed issues.
Our Data and Analytics colleagues work with clients through improved insight from Artificial Intelligence and advanced analytics / data visualisation, and by establishing the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information. In addition, we assure that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and trustworthy.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who have experience using various data analysis techniques to understand large volumes of data. You will be a strong team player with a focus on quality, attention to detail with excellent communication and written skills.
About the role
We support our clients with a range of services such as:
* Designing and developing dashboards, visualisations and metrics to improve understanding of business processes, identify potential weaknesses and provide operational resilience
* Assessing and optimising data governance processes and operations in order to meet data protection requirements
* Designing automated and data-driven controls to better manage and protect data assets
* Data Discovery, Data Flow mapping, Data and Process Analysis for Remediation Planning
* Validating and testing data and reports submitted to regulatory bodies
* Strong VBA and SQL skills with respect to data profiling and data discovery as well as high proficiency in MS Excel
* Demonstrable experience undertaking deep dive analysis and querying using SQL
* Demonstrable experience communicating conclusions through writing clear documentation or through verbal communication to both business and IT users
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to grasp underlying complexities in data
* Data modelling and visualisation experience.
* Knowledge of financial markets, ratings and financial data (significant exposure is a plus, but not required)
* A technical background in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics or similar
The role will be based in Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.