19 days ago
[Forward to a friend]
Health Business Group Central
Hill Dickinson LLP is a leading and award-winning international commercial law firm with offices in Liverpool, Manchester, London, Leeds, Piraeus, Singapore, Monaco and Hong Kong. With more than 1300 people including 180 partners, the firm delivers advice and strategic guidance spanning the full legal spectrum, from non-contentious advisory and transactional work, to all forms of commercial litigation.
Hill Dickinson acts as a trusted adviser to a wide portfolio of clients across a wide range of specialist sectors: from transport and logistics and international trade, through to retail, insurance, marine, health, education, manufacturing, public sector and banking and financial services.
9:00 to 17:30 Monday to Friday
Brief Job description
We are looking for an experienced Costs Draftsperson with a proven and demonstrable legal career in costs with experience dealing with high value claims of predominantly clinical negligence work.
Scope of the role:
The successful candidate will be expected to provide dedicated costs support for litigation lawyers across several UK based offices. Responsible for the management of a complex, high value caseload the individual will be drafting points of dispute, schedules of costs, bills of costs/budgets, negotiating costs to settlement and ideally attending CCMCs/detailed assessment hearings if required.
The role involves dealing with both adverse and recovery files on predominantly multi track matters, this role requires a self-starter with the confidence to work autonomously, working on files from start to finish.
* Extensive experience working as a Costs Draftsperson handling your own caseload
* Experience of drafting points of dispute, points of reply, costs budgets and bills of costs
* IT literate, to include knowledge of using Costsmaster and/or Idraft
* Experience of dealing with clinical costs
* Up to date knowledge of the CPR and legislation
* Management of own caseload
* Excellent communication, organisation and research skills
* Adherence to guidelines and procedures
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* A flexible approach to work
* Ability to work as a team and independently
* Attendance at Detailed Assessment hearings or CCMC
All successful candidates will be subject to our standard pre-employment screening, including a basic criminal record check via Disclosure Scotland. Any offer of employment made is conditional upon completion of all checks.
Due to the high response levels we receive for some vacancies, we may expire any of them prior to the advertised closing date and advise you to submit your application as soon as possible.
Hill Dickinson Values: Trust ~ Innovation ~ Collaborate ~ Respect
< Back to available positions