9 months ago
Join our award winning Corporate team in Glasgow.
About the role
Working as part of a dynamic, experienced and supportive team to advise a spectrum of clients from high profile listed public companies to some of the most exciting start-up/high growth companies on a wide range of corporate related matters.
Joining the highly regarded corporate team of this international firm brings the opportunity to experience UK wide and international transactions across various industry sectors with a great deal of client contact, responsibility and continuous personal development.
Your role will include the following:
• Mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations and joint ventures
• Listed company matters, including fundraisings and IPOs
• Private equity and venture capital investments
• Commercial contracts, including high value strategic arrangements
• Deal and project management
• Corporate governance, regulatory and advisory work
• Providing efficient professional support for partners
• Developing professional relationships with clients
• Supporting the wider team in developing business and raising profile of the firm
• Involvement in marketing events
• Managing/supervising the work of others including junior lawyers and trainees
To meet the needs of the role, you will have an appropriate level of post qualification experience (we anticipate approximately 3-5 years) in a leading law firm. The ability to communicate succinctly and build rapport with clients are essential, as are excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate legal theory into practical and clear advice.
Due to the role being client facing you will also need to have sound judgment and good interpersonal skills.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
CMS, Nabarro and Olswang have recently combined to create a truly modern, ambitious, sector driven and technology focused firm for the future. Together we are the 6th largest UK law firm (by UK revenue) and the 6th largest law firm globally (by headcount) with outstanding global reach: serving 39 countries across 70 offices.
All 3 firms have very similar values running through them which will ring true after the combination. We work hard to be a truly client-focused law firm. That means not just understanding the unique challenges of every market sector, but also providing a service that’s tailored to the needs of each client. Our partners are hands-on and work hard to get closer to clients with everything from joint training initiatives and advice surgeries to visits and social events. What’s more, our teams have the ideal balance of personality and industry expertise to suit the varied needs of our clients.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Recruitment Advisor, for more information.