5 months ago
We are recruiting for a Corporate Renewables Associate (4PQE+) to join our continually growing renewables practice, which has recently been recognised as one of the most active globally in terms of renewables M&A.
The role will preferably be based in Bristol, however, we operate national service lines so you could be based from either our offices in London or Manchester.
You will work for a wide variety of clients seeking to develop or equity finance renewable energy projects, ranging from small scale developers to the large infrastructure/pension funds and yieldcos.
In return we will:
* Provide you with the highest quality of work this sector can offer. The size and complexity of the project you will be involved with will provide you with a unique opportunity to develop your technical ability and market understanding. With appropriate support, you will be drafting and negotiating concepts and arrangements that may be complicated, unusual or may never have been seen in the market before which will allow you to stand out from your peers.
* Invest in you and your career. If career development is vital for you, we will provide all necessary support to help you achieve your goals. You will be provided with a bespoke development plan to develop your commercial and technical skills to become a successful lawyer with us. We do not operate glass ceilings and you will have a transparent progression path where promotion is based entirely on merit.
* Provide a market leading remuneration package with an extensive flexible benefits programme;
* Offer flexible working arrangements to help you strike a suitable work/life balance.
* Provide an excellent working environment and atmosphere where there is a strong team ethos and no imposed hierarchy.
You will be involved in advising on the equity, structuring, joint venture and/or M&A aspects of renewable energy transactions across all technologies including onshore wind, solar, biomass, AD, wave, hydro and battery storage. All aspects of corporate work will be undertaken including acquisitions, disposals, joint venture/development agreements and profit share arrangements.
You will be expected to take a central role in developing the practice further. Working closely with Kay Hobbs, Partner, you will assist and lead with business development initiatives to maximise opportunities with our existing notable and extensive renewables client base, as well as identifying and converting key new clients.
The Ideal Candidate
Our employees are talented people, distinguished by technical excellence, with a willingness to embrace team working and a passion for client service. You will be able to demonstrate a similar supportive, flexible and driven ethos and will have accumulated the following experience and skills:
* Trained and worked as a Corporate lawyer in a leading City Law Firm or leading regional law firm and you will have strong academic background/qualifications.
* It is beneficial to have prior renewables experience, however, if you can demonstrate the drive and enthusiasm to develop a practice in this field we will commit to providing the support and training required to ensure your success.
* A track record of advising on complex projects and agreements; with the ability to take into consideration the commercial impact of their advice when applying technical expertise to decisions.
* An ability to lead business development activities with a drive to secure and convert more clients and work.
* Prior supervision/mentoring experience is preferable.
We value our employees highly and we want you to feel valued. You will receive a market leading basic salary with an annual pay review. As a fee earner if you exceed your targets you will receive a generous annual bonus. You will also have access to an extensive range of benefits via our flexible benefits scheme including 25 days holiday (which will increase to 30 days based upon length of service) and private medical insurance.
About the Company
We’re an ambitious UK law firm built around the needs of our high profile clients. With over 1000 employees and 100 partners across our six UK offices, we’ve grown considerably in the last three years – and so have our revenues. Open-minded? Definitively. Forward-focused? Absolutely. An energetic firm with an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture, we’re always looking to recruit highly talented individuals with the drive to succeed. So if you’re dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us and we’ll give you everything you need to thrive.