This leading law firm are seeking a Supervisor for their New Homes Team either full or part time.
You will :
- Work closely with the Legal Director and Senior Operations Manager and monitor work levels and resources within the team. Be responsible for organising staff training and carry out or organise appraisals and hold regular team meetings.
- Ensure work allocated is completed within service standards and the team achieves relevant targets and timescales.
- Deal with cases that are outside of standard procedures.
- Have supervisory responsibility for team conduct and performance and monitor workflow systems are used effectively.
- Identify issues with the IT systems and report these .
- Have responsibility for HR issues and liaise with the HR team.
- After consultation with the Legal Director you will attend meetings with referrers to build effective relationships.
- Attend relevant training to maintain your own knowledge.
You will also:
- Support the team with Title, transactional and day to day queries;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Sales Negotiators, Sales Managers/Directors and their lawyers;
- Become a "go to" person for the developer;
- Maintain full understanding of operating procedures for the team and be able to step in as needs demand;
- You will take primary responsibility for conveyancing issues such as:
- Supervising and guiding Conveyancers, Assistants and Administrators or effectively taking over the file;
- Providing technical expertise on conveyancin issues;
- Dealing with any contentious client matters.
Skills and Attributes:
- You will have proven technical knowledge and a broad range of property law;
- Have experience of business development and marketing and increasing the client base;
- Flexibility, rounded communication skills and work well in a team;
- Be able to collaborate across all practice areas;
- A track record of consistently delivering to targets and objectives;
- An understanding of the importance of knowledge sharing and management.