7 months ago
Conveyancing Assistant - Cheshire
ACS are recruiting for an experienced Conveyancing Assistant for a Cheshire based law firm.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Prepare accurate correspondence and standard documents.
* Responsible for own caseload.
* Assisting Conveyancing Case Handlers in day to day progression of sale and purchase transactions
* Provides administrative support to other Solicitors in the Private Client Business Team to enable the team to operate at optimum efficiency.
* Attending to completion statements.
* Conducting searches.
* Undertakes general administration duties with tasks being allocated by the Fee Earners, using a high degree of self-management and initiative.
* Deals with clients both in person and on the telephone and provides such support in a professional and friendly manner.
* Ensures the confidentiality of all firm and client's documentation and information.
* Search reports
* Mortgage reports
* Search requests
* Setting up files for completion
* Post completion
* General Administration
* Familiarity with the use of general office equipment, and in particular experience of word processing.
* Dealing with routine incoming post/emails.
* Uses office equipment, i.e. photocopier, fax etc. competently.
* A sound general education with a good working knowledge of English.
* A pleasant and positive manner in dealing with colleagues.
* Proficient in use of computers and IT.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Dealing with clients, other firms of solicitors and businesses helpfully and efficiently both in person and on the telephone, taking messages and informing the file holder as such.
* Ensuring compliance with the procedures as documented in the firm's staff handbook.
* To comply with any task relating to the efficient operation of the practice upon the instructions of the file holder or principal.
* To maintain the file holder's office is in a tidy and professional manner at all times.
* To maintain professional standards at all times.
* To have responsibility for own Health & Safety and that of others.
* To have the ability to prioritise work/time management.
* To have the ability to work as a member of a team.
* To be polite and professional to all other members of staff at all times.
All Applicants will be reviewed within the next working day and successful applicants will be acknowledged within 2 working days.