4 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
About Eversheds Sutherland:
Eversheds Sutherland is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
We are looking for a Qualified Conveyancer (Licensed Conveyancer, CILEX, or Solicitor) to work in the Legal Team which is part of the Property and Projects team. You will report to a Principal Associate and will handle technical and non-standard work on behalf of our clients and internal teams.
Working as part of a volume property team in Cardiff comprising legal assistants, managers and other legal advisers acting for financial institutions, owners of property portfolios and some private client work, the role is to provide technical advice to clients and team members on more complex issues arising in conveyancing transactions and related property matters and taking conduct of more complex files. Additionally you will assist with training, process improvements and general technical support within the department.
• You will focus on delivering excellent client service and providing innovative solutions, using case management and process systems.
• You will have strong commercially-minded technical ability to deal with all residential conveyancing related matters including unregistered land, leasehold, new build properties, repossession and receiver sales, adverse possession, easements and unusual circumstances.
Skills and experience:
• You will have strong conveyancing knowledge and to be able to deal with all residential property matters with minimum supervision, to include but not limited to a strong grasp and evidence of title investigation and ability to problem solve for unregistered land, include larger estates, leasehold – flats and houses, new builds, properties with title defects and issues, the compliance and risk aspects, undertakings, and practical conveyancing knowledge.
• You will have sound technical knowledge of conveyancing matters
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Demonstrate attention to detail with sound numerical ability
We're a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we've built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds Sutherland, we believe that innovation comes from a culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments individuals may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
In addition to the above, Eversheds Sutherland also require awareness of and full participation in the Firm’s commitment to equality and diversity, the environment and health and safety.
We are an LGBT inclusive employer and are Stonewall Corporate Champions.
Email this vacancy to a friend