SOLICITOR (Commercial Property)
Hours of Work: 9.00 - 17.15 Monday to Friday
Holiday: 25 days.
Salary: £43k - £60k negotiable dependant on senior level and experience.
Responsible to: Department Head
GENERAL PURPOSE OF ROLE
To provide an efficient, competent and profitable service to our clients in all aspects of work.
To assist the firm in achieving its stated professional and commercial objectives.
To undertake conduct of matters and cases, which will be privately funded, in the field of Commercial Property.
To meet targets in respect of fees and hours.
To work professionally and consistently with all professional and ethical obligations and avoiding complaints and negligence claims.
You are to comply with all aspects of the firm’s procedures as detailed in the Handbook, departmental operation manual and quality assurance manual.
To participate in the growth and development of the department/firm.
To maintain the strictest concern for and awareness of the need for data protection and confidentiality at all times.
You may from time to time be requested by the Department Head to undertake other duties that are within your skill and competence.
- To obtain accurate information and instructions from clients; analyse the legal and practical aspects of their issues and obtain the necessary documents/evidence to provide preliminary advice and funding.
- To ensure the timely and effective use of others involved in the matter e.g. Experts
- To monitor all aspects of the case on behalf of the client and advise accordingly
- To observe the procedural timetable and time limits, to make necessary applications where required to protect the client’s position
- To deal with clients in a sensitive, professional and competent way
- To identify clients’ objectives and to seek to further them in a manner consistent with all professional and ethical obligations
- To work and behave in a professional manner and within the highest ethical and other standards of the profession
- Comply with procedures set out in the office manual, professional standards and any requirement set by the Legal Services Commission
- To ensure monetary transactions are dealt with efficiently and in accordance with professional rules
- To maintain the strictest standards of client confidentiality at all times
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Good Computer skills
- Ability to use the computer competently and efficiently
- Good working knowledge of Word; Excel; Word Perfect; Internet; Outlook
Excellent Communication skills
- Written communications will be plain English, professional and spell check always used
- Written communications will be produced making grammatical sense
- Good face to face interpersonal skills and to communicate positively
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Adaptable and able to work in a busy environment
- Positive attitude
- Ability to deal sensitively with clients and experts
- Awareness of the legal and ethical principles and be able to apply those to different situations
- Work well under pressure
Superior Organisational skills
- Files kept organised and tidy
- Workstation and area kept organised and tidy
- Diaries are kept up to date
- Files opened without delay
- Files closed as soon as the work on the matter is completed
- Efficiency in dealing with work and accuracy of work produced.
- Ability to work with initiative; maintaining a flexible and responsible approach
- Conducting matters on behalf of clients to their satisfaction
- Careful file management and the keeping of detailed contemporaneous attendance notes of all work done on behalf of clients
- Compliance with time recording requirements and reaching financial targets
- Knowledge and use of court rules and procedures
- Personal development and contribution to the overall objectives of the firm
- Ability to remain professional at all times whilst coping with a busy role
- Attend Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training as required
- Generate case load
Attendance and Punctuality
- Telephone manners
- Managing challenging situations
- Positive attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Treat people respectfully
- To communicate positively with colleagues
- Listen to people, understand what they want and get it done
- Refer to formal Dress Code
PQE a minimum of 3 years up to 10+.