4 months ago
£50k - £60k
Flexible working hours, Healthcare, Life insurance, Pension scheme, Gym membership, Daycare/Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme
Energy and Environment
Category: Lawyer Jobs
This is an exciting and fast moving time for the UK energy industry. ElectraLink is positioned at the centre of this developing industry interfacing directly with the key UK energy stakeholders such as energy suppliers, distributors and metering organisations as well as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Ofgem (the industry regulator).
Energy and utility markets are increasingly competitive and constantly evolving, requiring significant interaction between industry parties, regulators, policy makers and increasingly consumers. To make these interactions work, communications networks, agreements and codes need to be in place to ensure that markets work efficiently and all parties have access to a level playing field.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial Lawyer/Manager to join our team on a part-time basis (2-3 days).
• Management of ElectraLink’s contractual relationship with (1) the Users of the Data Transfer Service (DTS) and the pricing of the service; (2) Commercial / non-regulated clients.
• Management of ElectraLink’s contractual relationships with DXC and all other service providers to the company
• Commercial ownership of all ElectraLink’s new business development activity responsible for assessing and advising on the commercial and legal aspects of all contractual bids and proposals, liaising as required with the company’s Business Unit leaders and external legal advisors
• Development and delivery of ElectraLink regulatory strategy, where necessary building relationships with stakeholders in the DTS User Group, DECC and Ofgem and liaising with the regulatory teams of ElectraLink’s shareholders
• Leadership of all procurement activity, either for ElectraLink or on-behalf of groups of energy market participants
• Support all commercial and legal aspects of any corporate acquisitions / disposals
• Drive the standardisation of ElectraLink’s various commercial propositions to reduce the cost to serve
• Ensuring the company’s maintenance of contractual / regulatory records
• Monitor ElectraLink and customer compliance with contractual obligations
ElectraLink operates a flexible approach to working where this suits the business needs, with a mixture of home working and office work.
The right candidate will be offered opportunities to make a significant contribution to the success of ElectraLink, in return we will offer you a competitive salary, an annual performance bonus, 25 days’ annual leave as well as EAP, gym membership, Cycle to work, fully funded private healthcare along with the normal benefits.