3 months ago
Practice group/Global Operations team:
Type of Vacancy:
Full time/Part time:
Contract/Part time details:
18 month fixed term contract
About Eversheds Sutherland:
The role sits in the Commercial Finance team which supports the UK Practice Groups and the firm’s International Offices. Reporting to the Head of Commercial Finance the team comprises 9 Finance Managers and Analysts in the UK with a further 12 team members located internationally. The role will primarily support the Company Commercial Practice group, which is the firm’s largest group.
Main purpose of the role – to work with the Head of Commercial Finance to maximise profitability of the practice group by partnering with the Practice Group Head, the team of Product Group heads and other senior CoCom partners. The role will include all aspects of the commercial financial management of the group, from monthly performance reporting, budgeting and forecasting to profitability reviews, business case development and investment appraisal.
• Overall responsibility for the reporting, analysis and commentary of the practice group’s financial performance both in Finance SMT/Executive documents and for inclusion in practice group management meetings
• Responsibility for practice group budgeting, planning and forecasting as well as contributing to target setting.
• Pitch support for partners covering tenders to clients including pricing, alternative fee proposals and ongoing post tender review.
• Secondment analysis – responsibility for analysing, reporting and critiquing the firm’s client secondment commitments in order to ensure investments are focused in the priority areas.
• Establish and grow key stakeholder relationships with the senior leaders across the practice group. Being able to understand and know the numbers in detail yet discuss them with Partners in a commercial and insightful manner is an invaluable skill, whilst simultaneously building a rapport.
• Represent Finance at practice group meetings discussing all aspects of financial performance, proactively challenging issues, driving through change and gaining commercial insight
• Proactively seek out project work that either crosses Practice Groups or plays a key role in assisting the commercial and firm wide teams.
Skills and experience:
• Ability to influence key business strategies and initiatives. Can take a strategic view of the business and impact on Finance to improve and deliver a proactive service
• Commercial finance background, able to demonstrate the creation of a results driven environment
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with an ability to write insightful financial and commercial commentaries based upon sound financial analysis
• Strong knowledge of management information systems (including Excel) and making best use of these for reporting purposes.
• Build credibility and confidence of senior business leaders so they view Finance as a key business partner
Technically the individual will be a qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA / International equivalent) and be able to demonstrate:
• Meticulously well organised with the ability to prioritise the work of an Analyst
• Service oriented with experience of stakeholder management & the potential to establish a polished reputation in the business quickly
• Experience of managing one or more analysts working as a team is desirable but not a prerequisite
• Reliable, enthusiastic and have a ‘can do’ approach
• Strong commercial awareness with experience and ability in understanding complex and diverse business requirements
• Experience and ability in building strong working relationships and influencing at all levels
• Shows tolerance for stress, ambiguity and changing demands
• Superb relationship builder and highly adept at stakeholder management
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds Sutherland operates within a preferred supplier list.
Email this vacancy to a friend