4 months ago
Role Profile Level 4
(Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm)
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our Marketing team is made up of many teams that work together to support Weightmans' marketing processes. The teams include: business development; communications; CRM; events; profile raising; and projects.
We are embarking on our next stage of growth which, as a firm, will see us double turnover in the next two years. Having made seven exceptional new hires within the BD team in 2017 we now look to add a further specialist Client Development Manager.
We are primarliy seeking a Client Development Manager for this role however, for the exceptional candidate, we will consider applications from more senior Client Development Executives ready to make the next step in their career.
* To drive the maintenance and growth of long-term relationships alongside the Client Relationship Partner (CRP) to maximise ROI and client satisfaction
* To drive the development and delivery of our Generator programme, working closely with the Marketing Director, Head of Client Relationships and Client Segment Heads
* To support the CRP to drive best practice behaviours in relation to strategic account planning.
* Account planning – work with the client and the CRP to ensure that an appropriate achievable vision and strategy is in place for all clients in the Generator programme
* Coaching the CRPs – via ad hoc coaching and more formal Generator training which is delivered to CRPs on a six monthly basis
* Using client knowledge and contacts, support the Bids team to deliver a compelling response to any Generator client tenders, pitches and presentations
* Internal communications – working with the Internal comms team, delivery of regular and appropriate up-to-date communications to the firm relating to the Generator programme and use of the CRM system
* Value added services – design and deliver appropriate value added solutions in conjunction with the client
* Ensure CRPs and the Board have appropriate MI, newsfeeds and competitor analysis for all Generator clients to enhance client interactions
* Work on behalf of the firm to develop links with external organisations who are potential introducers, referrers or clients
* Work closely with the wider Marketing team using client and market insights to develop campaigns which enhance the market positioning and reputation of the client segment and lead to greater revenue from Generator clients
* Reporting progress – quarterly and annual reports required to the Board
* Capture learnings from client development activities and share across client accounts, the Marketing team and segments to enhance future activities.
The person specification
* At least four years business development/client relationship management experience in a business to business services environment, including a minimum of two years in professional services
* A proven track record in managing key clients in a CRM programme
* Strong analytical skills. Commercially aware and astute
* A self-starter, who can work on own initiative and is proactive in developing ideas and solutions and has a passion for excellent client service
* Well developed project and time management skills plus organisational skills
* Well developed persuading and influencing skills, with the ability to manage at a senior level without having direct line responsibility
* Confident, assertive and resilient
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
* Flexible – the role will be a mix of internal support to Partners and client facing activity so travel across Weightmans offices and to client offices will be required
* The role will be based in Liverpool.
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.