3 months ago
Claims Handler - Risk & Compliance
* Experience Level
* Working Hours
* Practice Area / Department
Risk & Compliance
Trowers & Hamlins is a City-led, international and national law firm with over 130 partners and 830 staff. With offices across the UK, Middle East and Far East, we provide a full-service integrated offering.
Our clients operate in diverse industry sectors such as construction, transport and infrastructure, banking and financial services, distribution and logistics, education and health, hotels and leisure, defence, engineering and surveying, charities, retail and energy and natural resources. We also act for many high net worth individuals.
We are different and we believe it is our people that make us unique. We expect and respect that you and your talents are too. The truth is we don't prescribe who you are or how you ought to be. It's what you can do that interests us most.
While the work on offer is rewarding and often complex, the qualities we look for are simple. The ability to get on with people from all walks of life, for example. To talk and to listen. To develop the sorts of relationships that mean you win the friendship and loyalty of clients and colleagues alike. In short, to connect. These are the characteristics our people all have in common. They are vital, as is the drive and imagination to use your unique talents to the full. We will help you in this. In fact, we will support you in every way we can.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a newly created Risk and Compliance team to take over responsibility for dealing with Professional Negligence claims and assist with complaints handling and Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) related issues. This is a specialist role within a fast growing and friendly team and primary commitments permitting, would offer the opportunity to be involved in other aspects of the Risk and Compliance function.
* Claims management
* Receiving analysing and reporting circumstances
* Supporting lawyers post notification
* Liaising with PII brokers
* Liaising with external lawyers appointed by insurers where appropriate
* Supporting the Executive in PII related matters
* Preparing regular reports on PII notifications, trends and analysis
* Dealing with PII related enquiries from the business
* Complaints investigation, analysis and dealing with complainants
* Liaising with the Legal Ombudsman
* Internal training on causes of claims, claims prevention, and awareness or risk
* Assist with the management of the firm's PII policy
* Respond to queries relating to PII policy and ancillary matters
* When handling and managing complaints and claims, ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory obligations including Data Protection Issues, Anti Money laundering legislation, and the SRA Code of Conduct
* Assist with the management of the firm's complaints and claims policies
* Maintain the claims and complaints registers
Candidates for this position will be expected to have worked or be working in a defendant professional negligence environment or have had considerable experience of that field of law.
We also require candidates to have:
* A suitable legal qualification (admitted as a solicitor or CILEX)
* Defendant professional negligence claims handling experience
* Strong understanding and knowledge of Professional Indemnity Insurance and the associated market
* Ability to build trusted relationships with the key stakeholders within the business at all levels
* Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
* A sound working knowledge of the SRA code of conduct, AML legislation and regulation
* The highest standard of professional ethics
* Confident, approachable, hardworking, robust and a team player
* Basic IT skills
* A desire to learn
* Additional Information
As part of our firm recruitment policy our candidates are subject to employment screening background checks. These checks include personal details, education and employment history, professional qualifications and credit and criminal checks as appropriate.
Trowers & Hamlins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from every sector of the community. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.
Email to a friend
Apply with LinkedIn
Back to search