4 months ago
About the Role
Based in our flagship office in Bath, the Claims Handler will be responsible for screening new Clinical Negligence enquiries, securing funding and progressing cases to the relevant point before handing over to the suitable fee earner.
This role will suit a client-focused individual with exceptional organisational and communication skills. Previous experience in a Claims Handler position would be highly beneficial.
Responsibilities of the Role
* To screen new enquiries coming into the department, obtain funding where appropriate & conduct cases to a suitable stage for transfer to other fee earners, under the supervision of senior members of the team
* Secure new client relationships
* To liaise with the Partners & other fee earners within the Department & where applicable to transfer work as directed
* To service the needs of Clients efficiently & to a high level
* Earn fees in line with the agreed targets
* To take part in department marketing activities as required
Skills & Experience:
Educated to degree level in a Legal discipline
* Post graduate legal qualifications are highly desirable
* Previous experience in a Claims Handler/Legal Assistant/Paralegal position
* Understanding or experience within medical law or practice would be highly beneficial
* Helpful & understanding of client needs
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to build rapport on the telephone
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work in a pressurised environment and meet multiple deadlines
* Enthusiastic, “can do” approach to work
* Enjoys working in a team and adds value
The successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment screening including a DBS (Criminal Background) check.
* Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
* Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
* Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
* Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
* Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
* Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Royds Withy King reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated closing date.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of 470 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it’s the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business. We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last three years.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 26.5 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
26 days ago
only 2 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close