Job Title: Cl aims Handler - Pre Litigation
Work Type: Full Time - Permanent
Department: Claims Solutions - Property
Role: Claims Handler
The overall purpose of this role is to provide a timely, professional and high-quality service to a client in the management of property recovery cases.
* Manage a varied pre-litigation property recovery caseload under supervision. This will include developing a knowledge of legal issues in respect of a variety of peril based recoveries as well as building an understanding of liability issues.
* Seeking recoveries from third party insurers and third party direct via correspondence and the telephone.
* Working to a defined process and client service standards.
* Conduct review of new cases, completing case checklist to identify recovery issues.
* Assess liability and quantum and establish strategy for the case.
* Draft correspondence to insureds requesting additional information as required.
* Having direct access to the computer systems of other supply chain companies.
* Resolve claims through negotiation of settlement.
* Review panel reports and obtain all relevant information to maximise recovery prospects.
* Maintain ongoing contact with the client throughout the pre-litigation process by regular updating of management information.
* Play a key role in developing and maintaining client relationships.
* Ensure that the client's brand and methodology are promoted effectively in all dealings with third parties.
* Instruct experts and external counsel where appropriate.
* Ensure that case management system and hard copy files are updated with diary dates as required by the case.
* Supervision of more junior members of the team.
* Assume responsibility for quality control and client protocol compliance on own and supervisee caseload, including accuracy and timeliness of record keeping, file management and management reporting and information.
* Ensure that the firm's brand and standards are maintained.
* Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
* CILEX sponsorship available.
* Previous experience of working as an insurance claims handler within the field of property recovery is desirable.
* Previous experience of working in a supervisory role is desirable.
* Previous experience of civil litigation process is desirable.
* Previous experience of working within an insurance environment is essential.
* IT literate with working knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge/previous experience of case management systems would be an advantage but training will be provided. Good keyboard skills are also essential.
* Client focused with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and third party contacts at all levels.
* Able to work to deadlines, prioritise own workload effectively under pressure and manage conflicting priorities.
* Proactive with a tenacious approach to identifying issues and solving problems.
* Quality and customer service oriented with a concern for accuracy and an eye for detail.
* Team oriented. A collegiate approach to sharing knowledge and working with colleagues across locations is essential.
* Able to progress tasks using own initiative, seeking guidance and input from others where appropriate.
* Confident verbal and written communication skills. Good telephone skills are essential.
* Committed and enthusiastic with a professional attitude to work and a desire to commit long term to a career in this field.
The Property Risk Solutions Team advises many leading insurers on all aspects of property insurance claims. The team in the Bristol office handles subrogated recovery claims, property liability claims as well as advising on policy coverage and fraud. The claims are varied but typically arise out of fire, subsidence, flood and product liability. The team also handles marine claims.