Claimant Credit Hire - Legal Adviser
LOCATION: LEONARD HOUSE
• Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated Claimant credit hire claims.
• Have excellent and in depth knowledge of credit hire litigation.
• Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing defences in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR.
• Have a good working knowledge and where appropriate advise on/progress claims involving technical and/or credit hire arguments.
• Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s etc.
• Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
• Take a pragmatic commercial approaches to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks.
• Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant client and/or hire company.
• Have a general commercial awareness understanding that maximum recovery of his charges should be effected.
• Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay clients.
• Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list.
Dealing with all aspects of litigated and non - litigated credit claims.
Dealing with all aspects of litigated and non - litigated claims involving Road Traffic Accidents and /or any files of a technical nature which you may from time to time be asked to advise on, handle and/or progress.
Progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR.
Prioritising urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list.
Instructing Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMCs.
Have relevant experience of having handled claims involving credit hire issues .
To have a good working knowledge relevant case law and/or legislation.
Ensuring clients are kept informed and up to date on a regular basis throughout the life of the claim.
Speaking to and updating referrers as often as possible to ensure a consistency of service and to ensure referrer’s loyalty to the Firm.
Checking the authenticity and validity of claims by speaking with clients regularly on potentially difficult files.
Building a relationship with all external clients to minimise the possibility of complaints and to enhance the reputation of the firm and the service it provides.
Ensuring that any BTE and/or ATE insurer is kept updated and fully informed as to the progress of any claims.
Prepare the file to be passed to the litigation team as soon as is possible.
Achieve all individual targets and contribute to team/department performance by assisting colleagues to ensure team targets are met.
Deal with post, telephone calls and e-mails within agreed service levels and to ensure that Not Worked on Lists and To do Lists are kept within agreed parameters
Maintain files to agreed standards.
Adhere to working practices, policies and procedures including in regulatory and compliance matters.
Fulfil all other duties necessary to the role
A good working knowledge of the CPR, case law and legislation.
An ability to work in an organised manner.
Excellent client care and communication skills.
Solicitor or Filex or handler with similar experience of 3+ years