3 months ago
An ambitious Childcare Paralegal or Childcare Legal Officer is required to join the specialist children's litigation team at a large local authority in the West Midlands. This is a ideal opportunity for any family or childcare paralegal who is looking to develop in this challenging and rewarding area of law. This is a long term contract lasting until at least January next year, paying a very competitive salary and will give the post holder the opportunity to work with a team of market leading lawyers.
This is a part time post, with the post holder working three days each week. In addition to this, a highly attractive hourly rate is on offer for this vacancy and will be between £20 and £25 per hour.
Duties will include:
* Coordinating with the Duty Solicitor and with Social Services
* Allocating cases to groups of caseworkers and assisting childcare solicitors on a daily basis
* Renewing interim care orders
* Attending court hearings with Counsel on childcare cases, assisting counsel where required
* Issuing applications for care proceedings
* Preparing court disclosure documents
* Aiding the preparation of witness statements and records
* Taking responsibility for section 7's and section 37's
* Researching various areas of childcare law
* Drafting and sending advice in response to complaints
* Making applications to the Courts in respect of discharging Care Orders
* Liaising with clients, solicitors third parties and internal departments, verbally and in writing
The ideal applicant will have experience working in a local authority or law firm dealing with public childcare matters. You will be able to competently manage a caseload and be able to deal with legal enquiries autonomously either in writing or on the phone. Court experience would be advantageous, especially if you have attended first appointment or directions hearings before. either within a public or private law context.
This role requires strong communication skills, with the post holder expected to instruct suitable experts both prior to and within the course of court proceedings, as well editing and drafting court documents.
In order to apply, please send your Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Emma Walker onfor more information.
Please note that based on the nature of role, candidates must have experience in family, childcare, adult or community care law in order to be considered.
We look forward to your application
Venn Group aim to deliver the highest standards, so you can be assured your application will be handled with professionalism and care.
At Venn Group, we endeavour to respond to all applications within 48 hours. However due to the volume of applications we receive we may not be able to respond to all applications individually. If you have not heard from us within a 48 hour timeframe your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Venn Group acts as an employment agency and an employment business