3 months ago
£45 Per Hour depending on experience
Location: South West
Any or N/A
South West Legal
Family / Matrimonial, Childcare
Category: Lawyer Jobs
A position has arisen for a Childcare Locum within a leading public sector organisation in the South West. This is a key role assisting the Childcare team on a 3 month temporary basis, which is likely to be extended. It is paying up to £45 per hour depending on experience. The client is also offering flexible working hours and the option of some home-working.
Your duties will include:
* Managing a caseload of care proceedings and PLO cases, including complex cases, non-accidental injury cases and cases with an international dimension
* Providing client care and undertaking case management of the issued proceedings and PLO matters
* Providing legal advice to the client department at all levels
* Preparing s. 31 cases ready for issuing with the Court
* Liaising with other parties including solicitors and experts to progress cases
* Undertaking advocacy in the Magistrates and County Court
* Carrying out advocacy at CMC, directions, interim hearings and at advocates meetings
* Conducting hearings to include Contested and Final Contested
* Attending Legal Planning Meeting Panels and PLO meetings to provide advice on specific matters
* Drafting applications, orders, threshold documents, position statements, case summaries, statements of facts and instructions to counsel meetings
* Advising client social workers in safeguarding children matters including in private law and s37 matters
This would be an ideal role for an accurate and hands on candidate who is ready to hit the ground running and add value to a team.
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.