5 months ago
[Forward to a friend]
(9am til 5.30pm Monday–Friday, with 1 late sift a week 12pm-8pm and Saturdays on a rota 9am-12.30pm)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Our Recoveries Services Group provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service. Our structure ensures we can provide a full range of volume recoveries and litigation options, whilst ensuring that we have the expertise and experience to deal with complex and technical issues arising from volume recoveries.
Our Unsecured Litigation Team act for a number of banks, building societies, other consumer finance lenders and debt purchasers, dealing with unsecured lending products including loans, credit cards, overdrafts and guarantees, together with advising on unenforceability and PPI mis-selling claims. We also have the expertise and experience to deal with disputed and complex claims, with our defended teams sitting alongside our recoveries teams and able to provide immediate advice, often preventing the escalation of a matter to a full blown defence. Our team is based at the Lakes and consists of a pre-issue and negotiation team, 3 undefended litigation teams and a team dealing with defended and non standard matters. These teams are supported by a customer care team (managing receipt of 1000s of payments per month), an administration team and an audit/training function providing our first line of defence for compliance/regulatory purposes.
Main purpose of job
To be competent in the technical elements necessary to provide a quality and comprehensive recoveries service with a client and customer service focus.
* To be familiar with and follow the Unit's policies, procedures and processes
* Comply with all of the RSG and the firm's policies and all regulatory requirements
* To undertake significant telephone activity in relation to our clients customers, both from and inbound and outbound perspective.
* Control and manage your workload effectively and efficiently using the relevant case management systems and IS resources and processes appropriately
* Be responsible and accountable for your workload including meeting internal and client SLA requirements
* Be aware of associated areas of law impacting the Unit's delivery of its service
* Recognise any potential issues in cases and refer these appropriately
* Attend and complete any training in a timely manner
* Attend internal and external meetings as required and assist in implementing changes to any Unit procedures.
* Liaise with other internal teams as appropriate
* Assist the Unit in achieving financial targets, other KPIs, management information and meeting budgets.
* Support the Unit with marketing initiatives when required and collating management information
Skills and qualifications
You will need the following skills and experience:-
* An excellent telephone manner with a particular emphasis on strong negotiation skills.
* A high standard of written, numeracy and general oral ability.
* IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
* Ability to deal with difficult telephone conversations with any of the key stakeholders in the recoveries process confidently and calmly and refer if appropriate
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
* Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
* Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
* Friendly and helpful approach
* You must have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or 4 or above including English and Maths.
* Treat your colleagues, clients and their customers and third parties with respect
* Good timekeeping
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
< Back to available positions
3 months ago
only 4 days until close
14 days ago
only 14 days until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
17 days ago
only 11 days until close