3 months ago
[Forward to a friend]
(Mon-Fri 9am-5:30pm with one late shift (11am – 7pm) and Saturdays on a rota basis)
Shoosmiths - UK Law Firm of the Year Winner at the Legal Week British Legal Awards 2015.
A leading UK law firm with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. An innovative practice and the first top 100 law firm to achieve “Gold Standard” Investors in People, our values and culture are not just words on our website but are the heartbeat of the firm. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes Shoosmiths a fantastic place to work.
Shoosmiths Private Client Conveyancing Team offers a highly professional conveyancing service designed to make the process of buying or selling property as efficient and stress-free for their clients.
Shoosmiths remains the largest firm of conveyancing solicitors accredited under the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme. The conveyancing service provided by our Private Client Practice maintains the same high standards corporate clients have come to expect of Shoosmiths and is consistently commended in national consumer service awards.
We are currently seeking Case Handlers with a minimum of 6-12 months Residential Conveyancing experience to join our reputable team based in Manchester.
The hours for this role are full time working 37.5 hours per week; Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.30pm (taking an hour for lunch) plus a late shift one day each week (11.00am to 7.00pm, taking a half hour break) and Saturdays from 9.30am to 4.30pm on a rota basis. Time off in lieu is given for Saturday working.
* Be familiar with each work provider’s specific procedural requirements.
* Manage client’s expectations to maintain a high standard of customer care.
* Deal with a standard sale matter from inception to closure with minimum referral to a supervisor.
* Effectively prioritise work to ensure all targets and deadlines are met
* Progress the administration of transactions proactively with all key stakeholders in the process. Be able to effect exchange of contracts to include all follow up work and letters.
* You will be expected to competently deal with pre contract enquiries on sale transactions, recognising where more complex enquiries require referral to a supervisor. To confidently and calmly deal with difficult telephone conversations with any of the key stakeholders in the process.
* Drafting non-standard non-technical correspondence.
* To ensure that files are kept tidy and case progression plans are kept up to date. Issue regular milestone reports to clients and estate agents. Fully conversant with all standard letters, searches and forms and to keep referral reports up to date on a daily basis.
* You will be required to support in the training of Assistant Case Handlers.
Skills and qualifications
* You will have at least 6-12 months proven experience of the entire conveyancing process to include post completion work.
* Candidates must be familiar with distinctions between registered, unregistered, freehold and leasehold transactions. Be able to competently check search results and mortgage offers and to raise any relevant enquiries.
* Ideally candidates must have the ability to check mortgage offers and be confident with all aspects of sales, searches and can deal with volume.
Shoosmiths has an outstanding benefits package; we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm. These can include:
* A pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5.5%
* Generous life assurance cover for peace of mind, up to 8 times salary
* Up to 23 paid working days holiday per annum with the option to buy up to 8 additional days. You can choose to 'flex' twice a year - January and July
* 'Happy Birthday!' - have a free day off to celebrate and a £50 voucher to spend! (We won't take it from your annual entitlement)
* Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Staff introduction bonus scheme
* Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
* Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
The application process
If successful, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment team for an informal telephone discussion. There will be one interview stage which will be held at our Manchester office.
Shoosmiths is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
No agencies please
< Back to available positions