6 months ago
Role Profile Level 3
(Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm)
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards and achieved several top rankings in Chambers UK 2016, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our Information Systems team is made up of many teams that work together to support Weightmans' information systems and infrastructure. The teams include: development; operations; project services; and support.
Weightmans has an ever-growing need for management information. This information is utilised both within the firm and by our clients. The firm has recognised the need to grow the existing Business Intelligence function in order to meet the current increased demand and to prepare for future demands. This is a major initiative and forms part of a highly visible commercial strategy.
The successful candidate must possess strong end to end SQL Server skills notably analysis services to support the team in the deployment of data cubes from the data warehouse. In addition to the development of analysis services objects an understanding of integration services and reporting services is important. It would also be extremely beneficial if the candidate had some experience of Wherescape Red.
Main duties and responsibilities
* To become part of the Business Intelligence & Information Systems team, developing new reporting solutions, implementing enhancements and carrying out day to day support.
* Apply consistency of approach to report development and implementation.
* Work with business users and stakeholders to capture their business requirements as well as designing and providing solutions.
* Help drive the appropriate use, understanding and interpretation of management information throughout the business.
* Operate within, and assist in the development of processes and controls for management of information, ensuring change is dealt with in a controlled manner.
* Work proactively with Business Managers to suggest improved ways of reporting and ensuring consistent data quality.
* To develop and apply skills in project management, business analysis, and technical excellence.
* To assist with the development of the Data Warehouse.
The person specification
* Good knowledge of and skills in using SQL Server 2012.
* Knowledge of MS Analysis Services (Multi-dimensional and tabular) and Reporting Services.
* Ability to identify customer needs and translate them into technical requirements.
* Experience of producing and maintaining appropriate documentation across the solution development lifecycle.
* Ability to anticipate problems, identify risk, evaluate impact and produce appropriate solutions, or escalate as necessary.
* Good time management skills.
* Ability to communicate and present ideas across all areas of the organisation.
* Ability to rollout solutions that are well tested and meet the needs of the end users.
* Knowledge of the legal industry and or claims management.
* Good understanding of data warehouse principles and best practice.
* Knowledge and experience of MDX
* Knowledge and experience of DAX
* Knowledge and experience of ETL tools e.g. Integration Builder, Integration Services
* Knowledge and experience of using Wherescape Red
* Skill & experience in sharing knowledge and expertise.
* Experience of using source control.
* Experience of developing, refactoring, and documenting T-SQL code and other SQL Server objects.
* Experience of Integration Services.
* Client and / or stakeholder-facing experience.
Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
< Back to available positions