20 days ago
Department: Business Development
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Head of Business Development, Operations
(Head of Paris office)
Purpose of the role:
To support the formation and implementation of Office, Sector and Group business development plans in France in order to raise the profile and reputation of Pinsent Masons in France, generate new business and support existing client relationships in France and wider firm relationships.
To support partners in all aspects of business development, covering a wide portfolio of BD skills, to include strategy setting, client targeting, credentials materials and tactical marketing activity such as sponsorship and thought leadership e.g. surveys/product development.
Main duties and responsibilities:
· Develop and communicate BD and marketing plans and positioning for France and the Groups and Sectors present in France, ensuring alignment with firm strategy and wider Group and Sector plans.
· Co-ordinate delivery of BD activity against agreed plans, agreeing actions with partners, sharing best practice and facilitating collaborative working among Offices, Groups and Sectors.
· Support the generation of new revenue through:
· providing both a lead advisory and ‘hands-on’ role in coordinating and shaping formal and informal proposals and credential statements
· supporting and advising on designated "must win" pursuits/opportunities
· supporting internal projects to improve bid analytics, information flow and best practice within the firm
· contributing to information on central bid pre-written content portal
· Lead on the formulation and management of the BD budget for France
· Ensure activity is aligned to strategy and provides value for money and effectively increases profile or client relationships
· Process business development expenses to ensure expenditure is consistent with agreed policies and plans
* Manage the profile of the Office, Groups and Sectors in France by ensuring effective use of all communication channels available, including Out-Law, e-newsletter, media, sponsorship, conferences, research and industry networks, collaborating with relevant BD colleagues including Group and Sector BD teams.
· Oversee the production of legal directory submission for France and contributing to global submissions
· Oversee the management and relationship with Public Relations agency
* Working alongside other BD colleagues to deliver successful Office, Sector or Group events
· Working alongside other BD colleagues to deliver successful integration of CRM system into the Paris office
· Supporting the firm's client relationship management programme and activities, including:
· encouraging Relationship Partners in their pursuit, development and maintenance of "Atlas" clients.
· contributing to client development programme including for example, participation in "Atlas" Client Relationship Team meetings
· ensuring relationship plans, as they apply to France, are delivered
· Ensure that BD material is compliant with local legal requirements and is branded according to the brand guidelines, including liaising with outsourced design function
· Provide a nurturing, structured environment for BD talent
· Coach and guide junior members, particularly Legal PAs, on general approach to BD
· Attend relevant Group and Sector meetings via VC or Conference Call.
· Liaising with external providers including outsourced design function.
· Management of the BD Assistant Paris
· Other responsibilities as directed by the Head of Business Development, Operations (or Head of Paris office.)
* Degree educated
* Relevant marketing qualification
* Experience of undertaking a similar role in a partnership environment
* Experience of defining, setting and delivering a strategy in a partnership environment
* Team management and mentoring skills
Key Skills & Behaviours:
* Commercially aware with a track record in growing existing and new business within a partnership environment
* Nurtures internal and external relationships
* Able to manage 'upwards' to encourage and develop engagement
* Listens, understands and adapts to the needs of clients and colleagues
* Displays resilience in managing expectations
* Commits to action
* Shows judgement and common sense
* Manages change and deals with uncertainty
* Communicates clearly
* Demonstrates professionalism, applies expertise and focuses strategically
* Engages with risk and shows personal courage
* Demonstrates self awareness and a commitment to personal development
* Exhibits behaviours consistent with the firm's core values of Approachable, Bold and Connected when working with clients and colleagues.