3 months ago
Department: Business Development
Job Title: Business Development Assistant
Reports to: Business Development Manager, Singapore
Responsible for: Client development across Asia Pacific (APAC), with a focus on Singapore
Purpose of the role:
The purpose of the role is to help drive, along with the Singapore based Business Development Manager, the strategic business development plan that exists for the APAC region, which has the aim to increase the number of profitable relationships across the firm and contribute to the implementation of brand building activities.
The person will assist our lawyers in Singapore and across APAC to develop profitable client relationships.
Specifically, they will assist with the production of panel and project/transactional tenders/proposals for clients in the Infrastructure, Energy, Advanced Manufacturing & Technology, and Financial Services Sectors both in Singapore and throughout APAC.
The individual will also be involved in executing activities that drive brand awareness. These include thought leadership activities such as roundtables, as well as sponsorships and events.
The role sits within the APAC Business Development team which comprises individuals currently based in Sydney, Melbourne, Singapore, Hong Kong and Beijing.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Bids and proposals
Providing support to assist in compiling panel bids and capability statements for the Singapore office, as well as assisting other offices in APAC with bids from time to time. This includes but is not limited to:
· providing support to the Singapore based Business Development Manager and the Central Bids team in applying the firm's bid management process and responding to bidding opportunities
· drafting and collating client specific and general BD documents
· Drafting and collating first draft bids for lawyers to develop before being sent to clients
· assisting in the printing and binding of bids
· assisting with updates to credentials and CVs database
In addition to bids, other client development work includes:
· keeping track of relevant contacts and ensuring data integrity in the firm's CRM system (InterAction) remains high
· developing research tools to keep relationship lawyers informed of client developments/opportunities
· liaising with the wider business to coordinate efforts across offices/region.
This role will support the Business Development Manager to execute brand awareness activities in Singapore and elsewhere in APAC. This includes but is not limited to:
· assessing and creating opportunities to raise the profile of the business in Singapore, ensuring the activities are aligned to the APAC BD strategic plan
· raising the profile of the APAC business internally
· assisting in collating information for directory entries
· maintaining office information on firm websites
· implementing events, sponsorships and thought leadership campaigns, and ensuring the quality of these activities is high.
Working to deliver successful Office/Sector/Practice Group events and campaigns through:
· managing the invitation process with the events team
· handling all logistics at events and conferences including booking external venues if required
· working with external event organisers to ensure that the firm receives all benefits as per the contract for the event or sponsorship
· ensuring appropriate set up and take down for external events.
Contribute to the successful implementation of business development plans through:
· assisting lawyers to create bespoke marketing collateral
· maintaining stock of BD collateral and corporate merchandise for the office
· sourcing and updating content and liaising with the firm's website co-ordinator to update Singapore-related pages on the firm's website
· assisting with the collation of information for internal dissemination.
· Experience in managing bids and providing advice on approach
· Services sector experience preferred, especially with an Infrastructure and/or Energy element
· Experience of undertaking a similar role in a partnership environment
· Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
· Strong document production skills (MS Word)
· Excellent project and time management skills – with ability to juggle competing priorities
· Native or near-native English
· Experience with CRM tools preferred
· Events management experience desirable
Key Skills and Behaviours:
· Motivated and confident with good communication skills
· Diplomatic, tactful and a good team player who is able to gain the respect of senior people
· Enthusiastic, highly organised and resilient
· Creative – able to look at issues a client might face and provide creative solutions - also able to visualise alternative ways of presenting information
· Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm's core values of approachable, bold and connected