3 months ago
Department: Business Development
Job Title: Business Development Assistant
Reports to: Head of Business Development, Financial Services
Purpose of the role:
Support the Head of BD, Financial Services, BD Manager and BD Executive on day to day activities in the delivery of Sector business development plans.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Contribute to the successful implementation of business development and marketing plans through:
· Maintaining the business development content on Sector pages on the firm intranet, including updating the FS sector events calendar.
· Updating and maintaining Sector information on firm websites.
· Assisting with the research, coordination and completion of Legal Directory submissions.
· Supporting the client relationship management programme and activities.
· Assisting with the implementation of specific business development projects.
· Assisting the FS Events Executive with the management of events, including occasional on-the-day event support.
· Assisting with the organisation of FS sector client webinars.
Bids / Proposals/ Marketing Collateral
Support the generation of new revenue through:
· Preparation of credential statements, case studies and capability statements and to support in the preparation of bids and bid presentation materials.
· Capture and manage sector credentials on the firm's credentials portal.
· Prepare and maintain Sector collateral (brochures, conference collateral, pre-written content).
· Degree qualified or equivalent level experience.
· Marketing qualification or progress toward marketing qualifications is desirable.
· Previous experience of a professional environment desirable but not essential.
· Previous business development experience.
· IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Good time management and organisational skills with acute attention to detail.
· Basic project management skills.
Personal Qualities / Behaviours:
· Flexible and able to use own initiative.
· A motivated self-starter who is a good team player, determined to meet a challenge.
· Confident and outgoing.
· Able to balance pressure with good humour.
· Ability to change and adapt in a fast moving environment.
· Exhibits approach and behaviours consistent with the firm's core values of 'Approachable,' 'Bold' and 'Connected.'