9 months ago
We are looking for an associate 4+PQE to work on a broad range of debt finance transactions in our long standing Band 1 ranked Banking and Finance team.
About the role
Our transactional work is generally challenging/ sophisticated. The successful candidate will ideally have familiarity with the following areas and must be capable of proactively moving on transactional work:
•bilateral loans and security;
•acquisition and leveraged finance with associated intercreditor issues from a sponsor and lender perspective;
•restructuring and transfers of loan portfolios;
•syndicated loans acting for the agent and security agent;
•highly structured financing using both debt and equity components and quite commonly legal entities in multiple jurisdictions; and
•specialist advisory financing work, such as a derivatives and securitisations.
CMS is renowned for its Learning and Development team and technical and soft skill training will be provided to suit your level through the renowned CMS Academy where you will have an opportunity to train with and met colleagues CMS' global offices.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a Scottish or English qualified solicitor with 4+PQE.
• Be able to demonstrate an interest in, and enthusiasm for debt finance work and have good experience of current issues facing the UK finance sector.
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Have good client handling skills.
• Be commercially orientated with good business acumen and a commitment to innovation.
• Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, interacting with other departments of the firm.
• Be well-organised and proactive with strong administration and time management skills and the ability and drive to meet deadlines.
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Europe, The Middle East, Asia and beyond.
Ranked as the world’s 6th largest law firm by lawyer headcount and 6th largest in the UK by revenue, CMS works with clients in 39 countries from 70 office worldwide.
On 1 May 2017, CMS, Nabarro and Olswang came together to create a new future-facing firm, one that is well equipped to help our clients face the future with confidence. We are driven by technology and readily embrace the possibilities it opens up for developing new and better ways of delivering legal services. And we recruit, value and nurture top talent.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Natalie Koenig, Recruitment Advisor for more information.